I do not envy the amount of work it must be to sync the Apache seats

S. Low

would be easier if they sent states instead of control inputs and try to go deterministic from there. How do I know? Well when there is a desync with the CPG being slaved and on my end he's not, and he presses the slave button, it get's swapped so he's deslaved on his end and slaved on mine.

Or he has a desync on which mfd page is open and suddenly an FMC channel disengages when he presses the corresponding button even if he's on a completely different page.

the programmers have decided to send button presses to the other cockpit to try and maintain synchronization. Instead of saying "I turned the laser on" to the pilot it says "I pressed L5 on the left MFD". And if there is a desync at any point in a series of steps, you get hard to track and annoying bugs, in effect pressing random buttons if the screens didn't match.

Speaking of that, a workaround to fix a mismatched slave is to make the CPG go slaved on his end. For the pilot it will be jumpy. Then make him go to fixed acquisition source and slave to that. after that normal operations can be resumed. This works because changing acquisition sources will force a state of not being slaved either way.

Edited by FalcoGer
  • Like 1