Persistent problem: Removing terrains via module manager does not remove them from disk

I had Nevada, PG and Caucasus all uninstalled and removed via DCS module manager. Restarted, refreshed and still the terrains remained on my disk in full.
I have to delete them manually and then that causes issues when I want to reinstall them later.

Can this ongoing issue be resolved please?

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2022 at 7:55 AM, Flappie said:

To delete a module, do you press the 'trashcan' icon?

Question: What's the difference between "delete" (tick a module and click "delete selected") and "remove" (click the trashcan icon) in the modules manager?

I would like to remove/delete two maps to free some space, so I want them gone from my HD. Which one is the correct option to achieve this?

Screen_220828_150521.png

• ED Team
On 6/28/2022 at 2:36 AM, Ghostrider142 said:

I had Nevada, PG and Caucasus all uninstalled and removed via DCS module manager. Restarted, refreshed and still the terrains remained on my disk in full.
I have to delete them manually and then that causes issues when I want to reinstall them later.

Can this ongoing issue be resolved please?

Hi, @Ghostrider142

The module manager in game has two distinct options for the terrain. The green slider disables but does not delete the module. Only the trashcan icon or selecting each module and pressing the lower button "Delete Selected" will remove the files from your computer. Which option are you selecting? 

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord