Bulgarian Air Force #38

2IAE-CrashBG

15 hours ago, cro_mig_21 said:

Stunning! 🤩  

Will you be releasing the template maybe also?

I will consider releasing it, but at this point only I know what's happening in that template 😄

I can however use my template for a livery design you'd like to have once I'm done

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Started work on the tail, all new weathering, specific to the airframe. Not much work done on panel lines or fasteners/rivets, those are largely very correct on the default template. Some small details have been fixed since taking the picture, like text placement, etc.

The old soviet star below the rounder was particularly fun to do. Also added a reinforcement plate seen on this aircraft, 100% traced with the original in shape and rivets.

unknown (6).png

Edited by 2IAE-CrashBG
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shaping up, still a lot of work done, but not really visible, cleaned up the AO of the roughmet, more rivet and fastener redrawing. With this pace, maybe a month or so left, depending on how much free time I'd get.

What's left:
Right wing
Right vert stab
Engines
Underside weathering
Normal maps
Roughmets

image.png

Edited by 2IAE-CrashBG
  • Like 2

Bit of a delay, but simply because my current task is taking too long.

Decided to re-do the rivets entirely, simply because it just looks so much better after. Here are some shots below. They still need some tweaking, but getting them in place first.
Before:
 unknown (2).png

After:

unknown (1).png

unknown.png

• 2 weeks later...