Fictional Canadian Skins

RCN_Moose

So I've been playing around with making some skins for Canada. Here's what I have so far.

I did one for our CADPAT, one for Desert, and since I'm in the Navy, I did a Naval one as well.

What do you guys think?

Updated skn pack available at lockfiles

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=159&lid=1282&title=Ka-50%20Canadian%20Camo%20Pack%20V1.2#dldetails

Edited by RCN_Moose

Fabulous... but can we get them somewhere?

My favorite of your 3 is the Grey camo version :megalol:

PopovQc (425 ETACv Alouettes)

Montreal, Québec, Canada

Je parle français et anglais - I speak French & English.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8 cpu), Motherboard : ASUS Sabertooth X79, 16GigRam, DX11, Win10, GeForce RTX2070 8GB & Oculus Rift S & HP Reverb :P

Hey Popov, thanks for the comments. I have no problems uploading them, just need to find a host. Also, not sure the best way to add them. Right now I've made them .cdds files and just added them to Russia to select them, but you still need to add the info into 4 different files....

All the credit is yours... I was going to make one set of these canadian grey camo for my team but since someone already did it... eheh.

Maybe for now just do a little txt file explaining how to install it and it would be perfect !

I dont know if it is workable with installation with the latest modman like in LockOn ?

thx again. :pilotfly:

PopovQc (425 ETACv Alouettes)

Montreal, Québec, Canada

Je parle français et anglais - I speak French & English.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8 cpu), Motherboard : ASUS Sabertooth X79, 16GigRam, DX11, Win10, GeForce RTX2070 8GB & Oculus Rift S & HP Reverb :P

What I did was to convert the PSB files to BMP, then convert them to .cdds. I ended up with a .ccds file for each skin. (CADPAT/Desert/Navy)

I then added the required info to the 4 files (db_countries/KA-50.skins/KA-50.lua/graphics.cfg) so the skins would show up when Russia is selected.

I'm not sure how the modman works yet. (although I'm looking into it) What I could do is send you the .cdds file with a readme of what you need to add in the various files so you could just cut and paste it in. If I just put the files up, they'd overwrite your existing ones and any skins you may have already added.

Moose, awesome work...

Could you tell me if this skins are added into the russian side like a plus ( three more skins ), or are installed instead of three default ones?

If the answer is ADDED, could you tell me how?

I am very interested in adding more skins into the russian side, without deleting any of the default ones.

Thanks.

Edited: Sorry i do not read the whole post with attention. Could you send me also this readme please? Only the readme.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Esac, yes they are added, they do not replace anything. There is a link in one of the skin files to a cdds tutorial, which is what I used along with this forum. While its not a hard process, it is long and drawn out as you need to edit 4 different files and use a few programs to make the .cdds files and some ID's. I'll see if I can find the link.

Popov, I sent you 3 emails. One for each skin (due to size) The 1st one is the smallest (the Navy one with a readme) Hopefully they'll make it through and hopefully you can decipher my readme :)

• Like 1

Esac,

Heres what I did.

1. Make you custom skin using the KA-50 template. Once done, convert it to a BMP.

2. Using CDDS studio D convert the BMP for your skin to a .cdds file (see excellent tutorial from this thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33008&highlight=.cdds

3. Once you have your .cdds file, you'll need to add it to KA-50.skins file

(eagle Dynamics > Ka-50 > Bazar > World > Shapes) This is covered in the above tutorial

4. Then you'll need to add your skins to the db_countries file (Eagle Dynamics > Ka-50 > Scripts > Database)(you'll add yours in the Russia section) You'll also need to use an ID generator to make custom ID at this stage. (also covered in the tutorial)

5. You then need to add the information to the Ka-50.lua file (Eagle Dynamics > Ka-50 > Scripts > Database > helicopters)

6. You'll also need to add the .cdds file names to the graphics.cfg file (Eagle Dynamics > Ka-50 > Config)

The tutorial linked in the above thread covers most of it in great detail.

Cheers, Fred

No it dont.

This tutorial is great but is only for Lock On. Only Lock On files. Nothing about the four specifically Black Shark Files. ( maybe the graphics.cfg would have the same sintaxis but nothing about db_countries, Ka-50.skins or Ka-50.lua)

Also, in this tutorial saids that do not mix tga with BMP files in the same CDDS file.

Then how can i insert the TGA frame number in the skin? Via TempTextures?

If another CDDS file is needed with the numerals, what name would i have to put for correct compatibility between both files? ( skins and numeral).

And the cdds file will be in Bazar\World where the default cdds files are? because inside shapes folder there are LOM files and another type , but no CDDS files at all.

PD This kind of tutorial from cosmonaut is exactly what i hardly need. But edited for Black Shark. If someone could take this assign will make me happy for ever....

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I've uploaded the pack to lockonfiles.com. Just waiting for it to be validated.

Thanks Moose !!!

i've added the skins and they look fantastic. When your looking at your shark externaly and you zoom in realy close you can see the very crisp, very sharp digital cammo pattern.

I might add as well, that different lighting conditions such as the time of day realy bring out color depth in these skins.

Great Work. Green "Cad-pat" is my favorite XD:megalol:

:)

Updated Skins.

I've been working on my skins and have made some minor corrections and changes. Most notibly correcting some of the colors from the default to match (ie window frames)

These will be uploaded to lockonfiles, they will end up being Version 1.2.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=159&lid=1282&title=Ka-50%20Canadian%20Camo%20Pack%20V1.2#dldetails

Edited by RCN_Moose

So I'm going to update my skins. Mainly to correct some issues with the CADPAT and being able to see where the seams are.

I'm also going to add in the markings for some of our squadrons. Specifically:

1 Wing 400 Squadron, 408 Squadron and 426 Squadron and

12 Wing 406 Squadron and 443 Squadron.

I'm in the Navy so getting detailed pics of 12 Wing isn't a problem. (they're all Sea Kings) but I'm going to have to rely on my buddy in the Air Force to see about getting some good pics for the Army Choppers.

I'll post some WIC as I progress.

I like this skins but does anyone else see them as 'too green'? or Too bright? They seem to stand out more than blend in - then again we sent our troops to Afghanistan wearing them in the desert areas :-)

Fridge

----------

Things which do you no good in aviation:

1) Altitude above you;

2) Runway behind you;

3) Fuel in the truck;

4) The airspeed you don't have.

they are very bright and green......of course so are our CADPAT's......until they get washed :)

I may tone done the CADPAT one so it blends in better with the in game scenary.

Some updates for skins.... A couple with the squadron logos, and I'm working on a SAR version based of our Comorants for my buddy in the Air Force...

Edited by RCN_Moose

I have tried installing using your instruction Moose. Sadly no luck. (just takes one wrong line in notepad to screw it up, I must of screwed it up). Would it be possible to package it so as to easily install via Modman? Greatly appreciate that, Thanks.

Hi Moose,

Nice skin; I am working on one of my own but I'm really struggling to find where I can change the colour of the parts of the top of the rotor mast. I am fine changing the lower rotor components and central column etc...just the top bit, which on yours you have coloured red.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

kind regards

Brewber.

Well, here is my version of KA-50 in a Canadian Search and Rescue paint scheme based of a CH-149 Cormorant. The crests are markings are from 14 Wing, 413 Squadron.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

Chukk, Once I get done adding some squadron markings to all of them, I'm going to release them as a MODMAN pack. This will hopefully simplify things for people trying to add them.

Brewber, Don't worry took me awhile to track down it was located too :)

You want the KA-50-PAINT2.psd. Then you want the Layer Group Vtulka, then the layer Green Color. This is the rotor tops and the control arms. (although it in no way looks like it)

• Like 1

Thanks Moose, I'll have a hunt for that when I get back to my main PC - tricky little business this skinning isn't it?!

Nice work on your skin and kudos for the help.

Brewber, Don't worry took me awhile to track down it was located too :)

You want the KA-50-PAINT2.psd. Then you want the Layer Group Vtulka, then the layer Green Color. This is the rotor tops and the control arms. (although it in no way looks like it)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

Look forward to your Skin Package Moose!

Following with the Canadian theme, where can I find out about adding new 3d models to the sim. What polygon limitations, texture format. Thought it might be nice to throw in some old and new Canadian destroyers/frigates and tankers too!

http://www.military-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24

(note I did read the sticky about 3rd party addons, but it sounded very much like they were addressing another distributer, not modders) TKS

Edited by Chukk