F/A-18C Target Pod Coordinates error

MTSection
Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

Hi,

I searched for this information but did not find anything..
Using module F/A-18C with any targeting pod:
I can see the target coordinates but if i write these down and when trying to insert them as gps coordinates for a strike (Jdam, Jsow ecc..) it says "ERROR" on UFC. I noticed that the pod coordinates are a bit different from the map precise coordinates. Can you please explain me why?

Thanks

• ED Team

Hi, 

welcome to the forum, 

please attach a track replay showing the issue, it can be saved after you exit a mission. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, MTSection said:

Hi,

I can see the target coordinates but if i write these down and when trying to insert them as gps coordinates for a strike (Jdam, Jsow ecc..) it says "ERROR" on UFC. I noticed that the pod coordinates are a bit different from the map precise coordinates. Can you please explain me why?

Thanks

Are you familiar with and using Degrees Minutes & Degrees Seconds where applicable?

The jet (incl FLIR) by default (you can change this) uses Degrees Minutes (DDMM.mmmm) and the JDAM only accepts Degrees Seconds (DDMMSS.ss)

This is what my guess would be might be your issue.

Edited by MARLAN_
  • Like 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• Solution

@MTSection You can switch between DDM and DMS from the HSI -> DATA -> A/C submenu with the PB labeled LATLN, which will switch between DCML and SEC for DDM and DMS, respectively. Precise can be toggled on the HSI -> DATA -> WYPT submenu with the PB labeled PRECISE along the bottom row.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 2

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

vor 6 Stunden schrieb MTSection:

Hi,

Thanks

Even though you got the answer here, that you were looking for…you are aware, that assigning the coordinate from the pod directly to the JDAM via the TOO mode would be much simpler and probably more realistic in that case as well?

• Like 2

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

10 ore fa, Phantom711 ha scritto:

Even though you got the answer here, that you were looking for…you are aware, that assigning the coordinate from the pod directly to the JDAM via the TOO mode would be much simpler and probably more realistic in that case as well?

Yep I was aware of that function before writing and i totally agree that it would be much more realistic, my question was all about the difference of coordinates. Thanks and have a great day!