Raven One: Dominant Fury - current status / bugs / workarounds

Guys,

I thought I'd gather in one place all the relevant information as to the current state of the RO:DF campaign, known bugs and possible workarounds. 

Valid for version: OB 2.8.0.33006

NEW: Several Missions: AI does not push from anchor point FIXED

CTDs and FREEZEs MOSTLY FIXED

MISSION 6 problem (no comms after dropping bombs) (workaround)

During startup, player can get damaged by the adjacent F14 unfolding its wings. This is a DCS thing with the Tomcats and player's aircraft is set to invincible - however, the immortality does not work when the wheel chocks are on. Therefore make sure to remove the wheel chocks before the 5th minute of the mission. This is out of my hands and we need to wait for a fix.

To fix the issue with lack of comms, I temporarily replaced the GBUs for F14s with dumb bombs. They may be off the mark a little, but mission should progress normally. 

MISSION 12 problem (no comms after main package attacks) (workaround)

This is the same reason as for M06, where AI Tomcats instead of dropping their GBU-24s just turn around and fly home. Again, This is out of my hands and we need to wait for a fix from ED. Needles to say, F-14s behaved normally in last tests just before the release. 

Update: I have included a workaround for this like for M06, giving the Tomcats dumb bombs for the time being, so the mission should work normally. 

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 8
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

13 minutes ago, BoN_Spectre said:

Great timing, just faced this problem, and voila.. Amazing campaign btw.

the M10 one

Also, the timing of the Yellow Shirt is a bit off - if you go when he appears, Sluggo gets in the way, as the AI try to cram into the same spot as you. FYI

7 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

RAVEN SKINS BUG

Due to a technical error, the Ravens skins do not display correctly in the campaign. To fix the issue, you need to move all the folders (see screenshot) from the Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\campaigns\FA-18C Raven One Dominant Fury\Liveries folder, into your C:\Users\*your username*\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries|FA-18C_hornet

The liveries need to go into the DCS\Liveries folder, not DCS\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet

Edited by MrDieing

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

On 6/28/2022 at 10:17 PM, MrDieing said:

The liveries need to go into the DCS\Liveries folder, not DCS\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet

Was not the case for me, the hornet livs didnt work just going into Liveries, i had to put the FA-18C_Hornet/*all diff livs* into savegame/Liveries. If i put them all in the Liveries/FA-18C it didnt work either

Cheers @baltic_dragon, glad i wasnt going crazy in Mission 12.... AAAAND, now we wait !! 🥺

Edited by CH4Pz

It's a real drag, and ironic that they're leaning on Raven One pretty hard on the DCS home page while their updates completely borked it.

None of that is BD's fault, of course. I keep thinking I'll design a campaign one of these days, and then I remember that making missions in DCS is like wrestling a greased bear while super high on mescaline.

It's easily the best campaign I've played, but I'll stop at M12 until everything is fixed.

Edited by AngelAtTheTomb
  • Like 1

Mission 6, I have no comms after release a  flare and reported fenced. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

Not sure if my client is corrupted or I'm going crazy... For Mission 05, after I launched from Cat 3 (Cat 4 in second try), I flied heading 240 and arrived at ROCK @ FL200. At this time Flip reports to Knight he's doing a 360 to wait for Blade. 

But Blade is going full burners, stalling himself out at 30000 ft and attempting to defect to Syria flying almost direct east... This occurred to me 2 times now. I tried to follow Blade on the second try, it appears he goes direct full burners right after launch and heads towards the Syrian coast. Goes directly up to 30000 ft at 30* pitch, stalls himself out and goes up and down forever.

I'll do a file check and see if Blade still goes AWOL

7 hours ago, Damien130 said:

Not sure if my client is corrupted or I'm going crazy... For Mission 05, after I launched from Cat 3 (Cat 4 in second try), I flied heading 240 and arrived at ROCK @ FL200. At this time Flip reports to Knight he's doing a 360 to wait for Blade. 

But Blade is going full burners, stalling himself out at 30000 ft and attempting to defect to Syria flying almost direct east... This occurred to me 2 times now. I tried to follow Blade on the second try, it appears he goes direct full burners right after launch and heads towards the Syrian coast. Goes directly up to 30000 ft at 30* pitch, stalls himself out and goes up and down forever.

I'll do a file check and see if Blade still goes AWOL

was solved by launching from CAT2 as suggested by another post. Blade will take off and go east in burners but will head towards WP1 after about 30 seconds. Guess certain triggers was not met by launching from waist CATs. 

I tried all the suggested "fixes" for mission 5 (use F10 instead of spacebar, go to Cat 2, wait for Blade to hook up/ launch first, no SA page until WP1) but Blade still goes off and "hangs in the air" at full burner. 

During my last attempt, while waiting for Blade to hook up, I noticed the carrier changing course significantly. Maybe that's what's breaking the trigger? What time window does the player have to start up and taxi? I think I've performed the start-up procedure reasonably fast, but maybe autostart would be the answer here?

Edited by Jayhawk1971

I'm having a problem with mission 7.  When I spawn in on the flight deck I'm on the last spot on the starboard side and there are aircrew around the aircraft with a tow tractor right under my left main mount. and it gets damaged a few seconds in the the mission because the tractor is there.... 🤔

RAVEN1 DF_Mission 7.png

Obviously it shouldn't be like this.. (sigh). Unfortunately the spawn system on the aircraft is probably the most unintuitive and complex thing I have seen in DCS and having 16 aircraft to take off without bumping one into another requires a lot of work. Will remove the dam thing just in case. 

Thanks..... gunhead, and baltic_dragon.... I switched back and it fits.... I still wish I could fly it in the Superbug like the first campaign. Thanks again this one is becoming my best campaign. The emersion is fantastic! Keep up the great work.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Trini86 said:

I'm having a problem with mission 7.  When I spawn in on the flight deck I'm on the last spot on the starboard side and there are aircrew around the aircraft with a tow tractor right under my left main mount. and it gets damaged a few seconds in the the mission because the tractor is there.... 🤔

RAVEN1 DF_Mission 7.png

yeah, mods tend to break the DLC campaigns!

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 1

True it can break… It worked with The fist one because I edited the FA-18C.lua file and made both fuel tanks available. The default would always be the smaller. Thankfully it worked fine🙂…. Was working for this one until the tractor got in the way….😂🤣😂… maybe I can exchange it for a deck crewman…🤔…. I’ll let you know if it works.

Edited by Trini86

This is probably a DCS issue with tankers, but in Mission 06 and other missions I constantly struggle to get gas from the S3 for a number of reasons. ( I know how to AAF just fine)

M06 - I could see the S3 on radar and SA page but when I tuned the radio to their freq. through the Manual input, no Texaco option arose in the comms menu ( i used the correct radio and I was only a few miles away from it)

Although i don't remember specifics, in other missions there were times when I could communicate with the S3 but it didn't show up on SA, nor radar at it's described altitude and speed.  I know the A/A tacan is always a mess so I know not to expect that to work.  

Is this just DCS being DCS, or is it a campaign issue?

Thanks.... Bummed by the comms issues in M06 but so far I have really enjoyed the campaign, especially mission 01

BUG:

Mission 1 - When landing on the carrier, if the LSO waves you off, but you still successfully landed, the LSO thinks you're still flying and says, "We'll catch you next time."  Resulting in a mission failure even if you're parked on the deck.  Unless you take off again and land just to please the LSO.   

There should definitely be a variable to know if you've landed successfully and only a penalty if you were told to wave off.  An LSO expecting you to take off again just to please him, isn't right.  

1 hour ago, Teriander said:

BUG:

Mission 1 - When landing on the carrier, if the LSO waves you off, but you still successfully landed, the LSO thinks you're still flying and says, "We'll catch you next time."  Resulting in a mission failure even if you're parked on the deck.  Unless you take off again and land just to please the LSO.   

There should definitely be a variable to know if you've landed successfully and only a penalty if you were told to wave off.  An LSO expecting you to take off again just to please him, isn't right.  

idea is to fail the mission if you dont listen the LSO. LSO must be followed and you failed that, so failing the mission in such case is the expected result

7 hours ago, Teriander said:

BUG:

Theres more to the mission, you need to divert, as briefing says "LSO is God!"

23 hours ago, trekflyer said:

This is probably a DCS issue with tankers, but in Mission 06 and other missions I constantly struggle to get gas from the S3 for a number of reasons. ( I know how to AAF just fine)

M06 - I could see the S3 on radar and SA page but when I tuned the radio to their freq. through the Manual input, no Texaco option arose in the comms menu ( i used the correct radio and I was only a few miles away from it)

Although i don't remember specifics, in other missions there were times when I could communicate with the S3 but it didn't show up on SA, nor radar at it's described altitude and speed.  I know the A/A tacan is always a mess so I know not to expect that to work.  

Is this just DCS being DCS, or is it a campaign issue?

Thanks.... Bummed by the comms issues in M06 but so far I have really enjoyed the campaign, especially mission 01

i think A/A tacan doesnt work atm, just leave it on standard tacan with the same number and it shows.

On 7/10/2022 at 4:32 AM, trekflyer said:

That's odd; the F6 - Tanker menu should always be there whenever a tanker is up and available, regardless of tuned frequency. If you've got the wrong freq and call the tanker, there just won't be any response. So if I understand correctly that this menu isn't showing at all, there's probably something wrong with the tanker.

On a side note, the tanker is usually on one of the preset freqs, I think typically the departure one, so no need to tune the freq manually. But this shouldn't have any impact on the tanker's availability. 🤔

On 7/10/2022 at 4:32 AM, trekflyer said:

Although i don't remember specifics, in other missions there were times when I could communicate with the S3 but it didn't show up on SA, nor radar at it's described altitude and speed.

The SA page may be problematic; I'm not sure of an S-3 will show up there. But it should definitely show up on radar when you're within range and pointing the radar at the proper spot in the sky. Sounds like maybe the tanker took a nap or so... 😉

If it happens again, can you share a track of the flight? Unless @baltic_dragon already has an idea what could cause this.

On 7/10/2022 at 8:44 PM, Teriander said:

Like the others already said, and like the briefing specifically points out, if you land after being waved off, then the mission is intended to fail. In real life I don't even know what the consequences would be. Grounding? Getting re-evaluated? Maybe even lose your wings? Just don't land when you're waved off.

So no, the LSO doesn't expect you to land and take off again. When you're waved off, just go around and follow the instructions to try and land again.