Raven One: Dominant Fury - current status / bugs / workarounds

On 7/5/2022 at 3:14 AM, Jayhawk1971 said:

During my last attempt [at M05] while waiting for Blade to hook up, I noticed the carrier changing course significantly. Maybe that's what's breaking the trigger? What time window does the player have to start up and taxi? I think I've performed the start-up procedure reasonably fast, but maybe autostart would be the answer here?

Autostart consistently broke M05 IL-76 Marauder intercept. After six tries, the fix was manual start, Cat 2 taxi, wait for Blade to hook up, and launch before the AI. Climb straight @ 300kts to 2,500 then turn to WP1, switch Ch 3 and climb FL210. He will join before the 360 request at WP1. The AI behaved and finished with a 100 score. I have waited for the ship to turn and the AI still behaved itself. However, if you wait for the F-14 to taxi Blade won't start his engines.

• Like 1

Mine worked with Auto start and I hooked up to CAT 2 but I launched after the AI and followed him passing 2.5. Continued to follow and he turned at about 7 miles. 

The fix for me was not pulling up the SA page until the AI turned and we were heading to the join up way point.

“CH4Pz” mentioned this in another thread about the SA page bug……….

i also DIDNT enable SA page until i got to WP1 incase that was glitching him, but i thought it might work this time as i got 2 calls i hadnt previously heard (blade with "airbourne" & "switching" calls)

Edited by Trini86

If I can add something to the bug situation :

M02 : Enable GRCV on AUX (radio 2) only. The guard receive does not work and PRI (radio 1), it is a Hornet bug that has been reported.

AAR : AI aircrafts (leader or wingman) completely dry off the tankers when they refuel before you (except M01). Be mindful that you'll have to hit another tanker, refuel in first or just ignore the AAR completely.

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!!!! I also got missions that the comms would not work after the f14 dropped their load. I edited the mission file and replaced them with FA-18's and everything worked fine. The initial comms were off with the F14's on deck doing those checks but everything else worked GREAT. Thanks a again Baltic!

Also I put a "Growler" in for the "EA6's" and that made the emersion look and feel even better...
Edited by Trini86
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Trini86 said:

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!!!! I also got missions that the comms would not work after the f14 dropped their load. I edited the mission file and replaced them with FA-18's and everything worked fine. The initial comms were off with the F14's on deck doing those checks but everything else worked GREAT. Thanks a again Baltic!

Also I put a "Growler" in for the "EA6's" and that made the emersion look and feel even better...

How do you edit a mission , when trying to edit in ME I am unable to save mission's the option is grayed out?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3820 32GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB TM Warthog Flight Controller & Pedals Odyssey+ WMR Headset TrackIR5 Win10

Inside the .miz file in your mod/campaign folder you can edit a file in there that is named "mission. The .miz is a compressed file that has all the mission information, comms, knee board slides in it. If you do edit it make sure you back it up first.

Mission 6 file looks like this... "RODF M06.miz"

You can't edit missions in DCS because the files are encrypted but the mission file in the .miz can be it can be opened with notepad. If your brave enough to try it you can change out aircraft and even the deck vehicles but I would warn you not to change to much because it can damage the triggers. I only changed things that made it impossible for me to fly the Superhornet. After my edits I can now fly all the missions and get all the triggers. Can be time consuming but I have time.. I'm a fire fighter :) between 911 calls I have time to edit the file. If you need help just message me and I'll be glad to help.
Edited by Trini86
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Trini86 said:

Inside the .miz file in your mod/campaign folder you can edit a file in there that is named "mission. The .miz is a compressed file that has all the mission information, comms, knee board slides in it. If you do edit it make sure you back it up first.

Mission 6 file looks like this... "RODF M06.miz"

You can't edit missions in DCS because the files are encrypted but the mission file in the .miz can be it can be opened with notepad. If your brave enough to try it you can change out aircraft and even the deck vehicles but I would warn you not to change to much because it can damage the triggers. I only changed things that made it impossible for me to fly the Superhornet. After my edits I can now fly all the missions and get all the triggers. Can be time consuming but I have time.. I'm a fire fighter 🙂 between 911 calls I have time to edit the file. If you need help just message me and I'll be glad to help.

👍 thanks for that info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3820 32GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB TM Warthog Flight Controller & Pedals Odyssey+ WMR Headset TrackIR5 Win10

16 hours ago, ClydeBigBird said:

Any idea if today's patch fixed the AI issues causing problems with M06 and M12?

It would appear not.

Repeated the mission last night and was left circling after the strike went in. (Oddly plenty of hits on target, but no further radio Comms)

Very fustrating as I do not want to continue until this is resolved. Can the triggers be modified to work around this problem?

2022/7/6 PM8点56分,baltic_dragon说:

yeah, mods tend to break the DLC campaigns!

Is there any method to finish M06 with full score right now?I really want to continue the campaign but I don't want to play all the missions after M06 again just to get full score

18 minutes ago, ENTER said:

Is there any method to finish M06 with full score right now?I really want to continue the campaign but I don't want to play all the missions after M06 again just to get full score

I’ll send you the mission file I edited… I’ll send it today.. I’m at work today so I’ll have t time in a little while to send it.

8 hours ago, Stoatmaster said:

It would appear not.

Repeated the mission last night and was left circling after the strike went in. (Oddly plenty of hits on target, but no further radio Comms)

Very fustrating as I do not want to continue until this is resolved. Can the triggers be modified to work around this problem?

Yeah I ended up playing M12 yesterday and also encountered the broken trigger.  Pretty disappointing that ED didn't fix this as I waited several weeks to continue with this campaign.

Also should note that in M12 shortly after various elements started pushing from the stack at WP1, two of the Phillies collided in mid-air and went down in flames.

@Trini86 I tried Copying M12 to Desktop, editing in the Mission Editor, and pasting it back into the appropriate Campaign Folder. I removed the Lantirn and GBU's from Tiger flight, added one MK.84, and set the Bombing Task to "Auto". For me, that still didn't fix the no comms issue. If you could send me your fixed .miz, I'd appreciate it. 

Edited by myxomytosis

Hi!

Not sure if this belongs to the campaign... VR Rift S configuration...

I'm on mission 09 searching for SCUDs. On RTB, no matter if we go for a tanker or straight to the mother, the DCS is hung up and not responding!

Is this only me? Can't finish mission for the 5th time. I've already learned all SCUD locations! 🤣

Regarding the mission 6 issue: damn, I ran this three times thinking I was doing something wrong and wasted half a day unfortunately..

"This is out of my hands and we need to wait for a fix, although the mission can still be completed." - do I just land back on the carrier by myself after hitting the target?  

edit: 10\10 on the campaign so far though. So good!

Edited by Ramulon

1 hour ago, Ramulon said:

Regarding the mission 6 issue: damn, I ran this three times thinking I was doing something wrong and wasted half a day unfortunately..

"This is out of my hands and we need to wait for a fix, although the mission can still be completed." - do I just land back on the carrier by myself after hitting the target?  

edit: 10\10 on the campaign so far though. So good!

Yep,  just go and land, although you cant score higher than 60, even if you hit the targets. theres a similar thing in M12 too, but unfortunately even landing on carrier doesnt progress, so to continue you need to skip this mission (until the fix comes)

Reporting Bug in Mission 08 - Twice now, on my way back from Haifa, about 40 nm from the carrier my screen freezes completely. Can't even end task to DCS. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue.  Great mission though. Atleast I got to fly all of the interesting parts, just couldn't complete it. I'll just skip and go to the next one.

On 8/4/2022 at 10:23 PM, trekflyer said:

Reporting Bug in Mission 08 - Twice now, on my way back from Haifa, about 40 nm from the carrier my screen freezes completely. Can't even end task to DCS. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue.  Great mission though. Atleast I got to fly all of the interesting parts, just couldn't complete it. I'll just skip and go to the next one.

I have the exact same problem. Other users have reported a similar issue where they freeze inside 50 nm from the carrier in missions that have AI F-14s here: 

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT