AH-64 logic (track provided)

I understand that this module is EA, and things are not in its final state. I’m trying to understand what is going on with my wingman and why he/she is doing what they are commanded to do.

For example, my wingman follows me and stays in formation with great precision. No problem there. But once I tell them to engage ground targets (from a hover), the intelligence factor drops substantially. They will roger the command, state they are running in and start to drift down the mountain side and bob up and down, sometimes stop bobbing and switch to rocking forwards and backwards. While all of this is happening, the wingman doesn’t make a shot until this flight behavior occurs for about 1-2 minutes. This occurs even in between shots. Meaning once -2 makes a shot and kill, he will bob/rock in no logical fashion for about two minutes, then make another shot and kill, then repeat.

Has this been reported? Is this intentional? I fail to understand why the AI does this when I don’t and I am able to get George to fire hellfires at a fraction of the time -2 does.

I noticed this behavior while playing the Tsibli Guard instant mission. No mods installed, and it is a fresh install after a platform upgrade, latest OB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Here's another example.  Same mission.

I see ground targets right in front of me about 2-3km away.  The vehicles are stationary and in the open and not being blocked.  I order -2 to 'engage targets of opportunity', and they immediately decline to.  Move forward slightly, order again.  Again, "unable".  Was fully loaded, never been ordered to engage prior to this problem, wasn't under fire.  So why is this happening?  Here's a track of this particular problem.

NOengageAH64

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• Eagle7907 changed the title to AH-64 logic (track provided)

Oh, I just realized something. If you watch the track, I think the SA11 launchers are still alive. I reported this similar problem in a separate post a while back. Any kind of air defenses alive, and flight AI will wuss out. I’ll link it here.

Apache AI, attack targets command
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=74365&share_tid=299839&url=https://forum.dcs.world/index.php?/topic/299839-Apache-AI%2C-attack-targets-command&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro