When did Caucasus became this large?

Rudel_chw

Can we get a highly detailed Crimea bridge please.... oh, never mind.

• Like 3

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 12:39 PM, Therran said:

I assume that includes the chechen part of the map (If it was ever an option)? Regarding political sensitive conflicts, it shouldnt be more controversial than the Syria or Gulf Map. - But what do I know..

ED have repeatedly cited real world politics as the reason for not including tge often requested China Sea map.

It seems humans have been fighting over Crimea since the start of recorded history. The current conflict is just a continuation.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2022 at 9:52 PM, Mogster said:

ED have repeatedly cited real world politics as the reason for not including tge often requested China Sea map.

I wonder how much of a market for ED China is? Saying that Taiwan is a country is a good way to find yourself unable to trade in China. Every statement and comment about that corner of the map would need to be VERY carefully vetted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scott-S6 said:

I wonder how much of a market for ED China is? Saying that Taiwan is a country is a good way to find yourself unable to trade in China. Every statement and comment about that corner of the map would need to be VERY carefully vetted.

Yes. Long term I think this is one of the advantages of a whole world map. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 76.IAP-Black said:

I can imagine, that we will see a new more detailed caucasus map in DCS in the future.
After the events of 24.2.22, this area become a proper battlefield that is even interesting for the west and east. 

ED has none plans to expand or update caucasus yet, has "politics" and the actual situation dont help nothing.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Silver_Dragon:

ED has none plans to expand or update caucasus yet, has "politics" and the actual situation dont help nothing.

Currently you are right, but im not pointing for 2023 or 2024 ... let it settle and see what will happen. Historicly it will be a must have for DCS

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 76.IAP-Black said:

Currently you are right, but im not pointing for 2023 or 2024 ... let it settle and see what will happen. Historicly it will be a must have for DCS

The last caucasus expansion was on 2011 with Black Shark 2, and the actual situation has very "dangerous" on all Caucasus region. I recomend wait a very long time seat or wait the release to the Whole world technology on some years in the future.

On 11/1/2022 at 10:46 AM, Ben27603 said:

I wish (not that it matters to ED) they would flesh out Crimea again. It’s relevant now. I would more than love to take pot shots at the Kerch Bridge.

Maybe one day…

This screengrab that I saw on the BlackShark 3 manual, makes me wonder if ED does in fact have a detailed Crimea on their internal DCS builds:

idCmARW.jpg

I realize that nowadays is probably not the most oportune moment for ED to release a Caucasus Map that includes Crimea, but maybe once this dumb war ends it would be possible .. 🙏

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

This screengrab that I saw on the BlackShark 3 manual, makes me wonder if ED does in fact have a detailed Crimea on their internal DCS builds:

idCmARW.jpg

I realize that nowadays is probably not the most oportune moment for ED to release a Caucasus Map that includes Crimea, but maybe once this dumb war ends it would be possible .. 🙏

that is a rather old section of manual. In fact even BS3 manual contains images from BS2 and descriptions that are not applicable anymore:

• Like 1

• ED Team

The images in the manual including the Crimea are from an old 2006 version, we have no plans to include the Crimea in Caucasus terrain.

In the future we will change the images in the manual.

thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Do note that the whole world is coming, politics or no. What time exactly it'll be set in (hopefully not 2020s, we have no planes for that), and how it'll work, is still up in the air, but it's coming. By this point, Caucasus is legacy tech, and quite frankly outdated in more ways than one. It's a really great terrain, and a great location, but not worth developing as it stands.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So- Can ED articulate why they would not wish to detail and add Crimea? (Probably not, so I will try)

Personal Safety: Prior to 20Feb2014, the first Ukraine invasion, I think this was possible, but now is such a time that resources at ED are sensitized by 20Feb2014 and 24Feb2022. Thus, there could be unintended consequences. I am sad, but I am also ignorant to the nuances of those politics and the impact on the personal safety of ED's resources.

Sensitivity/Harmony: Also, if I imagine further, given that some of ED's resources may be both Russian and Ukrainian nationals, it would be gloriously insensitive to task them with updating a current battle zone for purpose of a gaming simulation, particularly if they are passionate on one side or the other.

Security Side of ED's Business: It has been mentioned that ED does work on the professional simulation side. to flesh out a Crimea map could divulge confidential information in it's less public business areas. If I'm ED's professional (military) customer, I am writing a contract that has language "under no circumstances will ED map for its gaming segment the following geographies" (insert list here - but we can postulate - Crimea, Mainland China, Interior Russia/Russian major cities, etc). To do so could compromise (or appear to compromise - which in itself is a risk) sensitive intelligence of its professional customers.

The above said, I think we are more likely to see Nebraska than Crimea in the near future. 🙂

Edited by Ben27603
  • Like 2

Here is hoping that the World map comes out before WWIII.

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

Am 19.1.2023 um 15:09 schrieb Rudel_chw:

idCmARW.jpg

Looks more like the screenshot(s) have not been updated since the original BlackShark release... Old LOMAC/FC map pre FC2/3?

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

On 1/19/2023 at 9:09 AM, Rudel_chw said:

idCmARW.jpg

Unfortunately, those are actually from the original BS 2009 manual. Too bad. I’d love to have this to get excited about.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.