A/R Basket at disconnect

Tusky

Hi all!

Would it be possible to have the air-refuelling basket NOT become "substanceless/aethereal" and end up in the cockpit at "refuelling complete"?

I believe this issue could be solved by stopping the fuel flow at "refuelling complete" while still having the probe/basket connected in "contact". Disconnection would then be effected by the actual slowing down of the aircraft (like in an accidental "disconnect" while refuelling).

Thank you!

Edited by Tusky
  • Like 7

hace 59 minutos, Cal1664 dijo:

+1  this is really a much needed improvement. Full hose and basket physics would be great too. 

Realistic basket's behaviour would be top but for now I'd be grateful for the proposed first step... 😉

I don't think it is that hard to implement...I mean, once the drogue is connected, keep it connected until the pilot does disconnect it "voluntarily"...

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 11:11 PM, Mikaa said:

Hopefully the physics update will be coming with the teased updates to the Viking Tanker. It would be a welcome addition. *Fingers crossed*

In March 2018 Wags posted:

As mentioned earlier, I'm holding off on an AAR video until the new S-3 and refueling pod is ready, as well as the new hose and basket physics.

However, not so long ago ED said they will add hose / basket physics to a wish list Also claiming (or acting as) new hose and basket physics was never the plan in the first place.

So far we saw the new S-3 Viking 3D model in progress, but it was never confirmed (nor it was denied) that it will also include buddy store and AAR capability. It would be a huge surprise if S-3 Viking came with revamped / new hose and basket physics, but I feel we will be lucky if it comes in tanker role from day 1.

Comms, physics and procedure across AAR mission for both systems (boom / basket) needs its "we want to make AAR the most realistic experience ever created for a  PC"  ED objective assigned. The sooner the better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta