Are there any good instructions for changing the default files to fit my rig  bass shakers.

I have ADX Maximus on FL and FR,BK Advanced  on RL RR,  BK concert on SUB and TST239 on center.

I would like to come up with custom files that would utilize those shakers to their fullest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

DCS World, Simshaker for Aviators, sound module

Modules: P51, F/18, All Rotor craft, F14, F16, FC3

Super Carrier

Basically you need to create or modify the wave files that correspond to the best frequency range of your shakers.  Then take them and put them into the custom folder for your simshaker sound module folder.  Mine are found under /Documents/SimShaker Sound Module Samples.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wingman1387 said:

Basically you need to create or modify the wave files that correspond to the best frequency range of your shakers.  Then take them and put them into the custom folder for your simshaker sound module folder.  Mine are found under /Documents/SimShaker Sound Module Samples.

It turned out that my cheap-ass transducer was falling apart. So I half-ass fixed it, and that solved my weak-ass shaking problem. 😅

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

13 hours ago, Darrylx444 said:

It turned out that my cheap-ass transducer was falling apart. So I half-ass fixed it, and that solved my weak-ass shaking problem. 😅

Thanks for the info.  I read your other posts about modifying the stock sounds to fit your specific bass shakers.

The thing is that I have no clue as to the specific steps to do that.  I have loaded, for instance, hp_4_0_1, which is Runway/Taxi Bumps, into Audacity.

I see the six different files for that particular sound.  I just don't have any idea of:

1.  where the output of those files are going.  i.e.  FR,FL, RL,RR,SUB, or Center.

2. How to change the frequency/ volume of each file

3.  Then how to export the changes once they are made.

I am in the process of finding out the resonant frequencies of each of my different bass shakers. I assume that I want to change the stock Frequencies to these?

The BK Concert spec sheet shows that it's resonant frequency is 9Hz.  Do I then generate a 9Hz file from the website that you recommend and replace the specific file that outputs to this shaker?

AS you can see,  I am dazed and confused......lol

UPdate:

I have figured out how to generate a sine tone in Audacity and add it to the stock sound file as track 7.  

Now all I have to do if find out the output of files 1 thru 6.  Once I do, I will rename the file that I generated to that file name and delete the original.  The save the file to my custom/6 folder.

Does this sound about right?

Edited by dpj463

Gigabyte Z390 mobo, i9-9900K, 32gb ram, GTX 2080 ti, Evo 970 nvme 1tb, 2 DSD button box OSW panels, Oculus Rift CV1, Odyssey Plus, Valve Index, Rift S, HP Reverb, 2 SimRacingStudio wind sim fans, MFG Crosswind pedals, Warthog hotas w 50mm extension, Simlab GT1 EVOcockpit, Gametrix Jet Seat, SFX-100 3DOF motion, 8 transducers, 2 Cougar MFD's

Super Carrier

25 minutes ago, dpj463 said:

Thanks for the info.  I read your other posts about modifying the stock sounds to fit your specific bass shakers.

The thing is that I have no clue as to the specific steps to do that.  I have loaded, for instance, hp_4_0_1, which is Runway/Taxi Bumps, into Audacity.

I see the six different files for that particular sound.  I just don't have any idea of:

1.  where the output of those files are going.  i.e.  FR,FL, RL,RR,SUB, or Center.

2. How to change the frequency/ volume of each file

3.  Then how to export the changes once they are made.

I am in the process of finding out the resonant frequencies of each of my different bass shakers. I assume that I want to change the stock Frequencies to these?

The BK Concert spec sheet shows that it's resonant frequency is 9Hz.  Do I then generate a 9Hz file from the website that you recommend and replace the specific file that outputs to this shaker?

AS you can see,  I am dazed and confused......lol

As per Andre comments some months ago, first of all you need to specify how your settings are on simshaker sound module: mono, stereo or 5.1.
Depending on that, the software uses one file or another for THE SAME effect. Apparently the key is within the file name, which provides cues. You only want to modify the files that your system runs, not all of them.
Unless Im very much mistaken.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

18 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

As per Andre comments some months ago, first of all you need to specify how your settings are on simshaker sound module: mono, stereo or 5.1.
Depending on that, the software uses one file or another for THE SAME effect. Apparently the key is within the file name, which provides cues. You only want to modify the files that your system runs, not all of them.
Unless Im very much mistaken.

Thanks for your help.  I am running 5.1 using 6 tranducers.  So I am trying to modify the files in the stock 6 folder.  After I successfully modify them I will save them to my custom 6 folder.

On the effect files in the  stock 6 folder:

When I import an effect  into Audacity, there are 6 audio files numbered from 1 to 6 for that effect.  I assume that each file outputs to a specific output on the sound card.  The question is which output each number represents.  1=FL 2+FR etc.

The other question is how to find out what the stock frequencies are for each file.  At this point I can't figure out how to do that in Audacity.  DId Andre assign 1 frequency to all of the files or did he use different frequencies for each effect?

These are what I am trying to find out currently.

My strategy is this.

Lets say file 6 is output  to the sub output on my sound card.  My BK concert is connected to that output. I would load up the effect  into Audacity which would show 6 files for that effect.  I would generate a 9Hz file at 48000 16bit the same length in milliseconds. Then I would delete the stock file 6 and rename my 9 Hz file to the same name as the stock file 6.  Then save the file to my custom 6 folder.

If you are anyone can let me know if I am on the right track, It would be appreciated a LOT!

Maybe Andre can chime in and educate me too......lol

Super Carrier

1 hour ago, dpj463 said:

Thanks for your help.  I am running 5.1 using 6 tranducers.  So I am trying to modify the files in the stock 6 folder.  After I successfully modify them I will save them to my custom 6 folder.

When I import an effect  into Audacity, there are 6 audio files numbered from 1 to 6 for that effect.  I assume that each file outputs to a specific output on the sound card.  The question is which output each number represents.  1=FL 2+FR etc.

The other question is how to find out what the stock frequencies are for each file.  At this point I can't figure out how to do that in Audacity.  DId Andre assign 1 frequency to all of the files or did he use different frequencies for each effect?

My strategy is this.

Lets say file 6 is output  to the sub output on my sound card.  My BK concert is connected to that output. I would load up the effect  into Audacity which would show 6 files for that effect.  I would generate a 9Hz file at 48000 16bit the same length in milliseconds. Then I would delete the stock file 6 and rename my 9 Hz file to the same name as the stock file 6.  Then save the file to my custom 6 folder.

If you are anyone can let me know if I am on the right track, It would be appreciated a LOT!

Let me find his answer from back then

1 hour ago, dpj463 said:

My strategy is this.

Please check this:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/120869-simshaker-for-dcs-world-sound-mode-expansion-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=4858080

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle