Need help to solve a doubt about TOT on Hornet

beewip

hello guys how are you, i need help to solve a doubt about TOT, if if i have a sequence with 8 waypoints and need to be at waypoint 6 at exact hour if i set the TOT at the specific wyp 6 the speed that i have to maintain form wpy 1 its calculate or  its not like an FMC or the calculet i will have will be from wyp 5 to 6?

I don't know if i express well but you have a flight plane with 8 waypoints  and need to be on time at wpy 6 i would like to know if the computer use or know all the waypoint after the tgt to calculate or if that calculate its from my position to the TGT, in F16 you can set the TOS for each steerpoint so do you get an exact time on target but on Hornet you can set only one tot on one waypoint.

Sorry about my English i know its not good but im working on

Thanks

Edited by beewip

The above statement is incorrect.

When your selected waypoint is equal to designated target waypoint then speed scheduling will be direct path from current position to target. If waypoint is selected on sequence before target then speed scheduling assumes you fly to selected waypoint and then sequentially through the flight plan to the target waypoint. If a final leg speed is entered the speed scheduling will attempt to  get you to the waypoint before the target waypoint such that the final leg is at the entered ground speed. If this is not possible then the entered ground speed for the final leg will be ignored.

For example I am 2.8nm from waypoint 3 going 280kt GS. The flight plan from present position through waypoints 1, 2, and then 3 is 72.3nm. I have selected waypoint 1. The speed guidance is telling me to fly 280 knots and that I will arrive in 15.5 minutes (04:25:00 TOT, 04:09:30 current). If scheduling was direct then I would arrive at waypoint 3 in 36 seconds, not 15.5 minutes.

Edited by Frederf
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Frederf said:

The above statement is incorrect.

When your selected waypoint is equal to designated target waypoint then speed scheduling will be direct path from current position to target. If waypoint is selected on sequence before target then speed scheduling assumes you fly to selected waypoint and then sequentially through the flight plan to the target waypoint. If a final leg speed is entered the speed scheduling will attempt to  get you to the waypoint before the target waypoint such that the final leg is at the entered ground speed. If this is not possible then the entered ground speed for the final leg will be ignored.

For example I am 2.8nm from waypoint 3 going 280kt GS. The flight plan from present position through waypoints 1, 2, and then 3 is 72.3nm. I have selected waypoint 1. The speed guidance is telling me to fly 280 knots and that I will arrive in 15.5 minutes (04:25:00 TOT, 04:09:30 current). If scheduling was direct then I would arrive at waypoint 3 in 36 seconds, not 15.5 minutes.

So it always calculates with present speed, but takes the length of the whole route to arrive to TGT waypont on time, right?