Data Link absent every mission

gorma

Hello!

On every mission so far (mission 5) when checking in with Knight - they ask "me" about my dolly, and my character answeres that my dolly si sweet -  when it as a matter of fact is pretty sour...

I only get friendlys on my SA page.

When starting the missions, everything seems to be set up right including IFF and DL (both of them) - however when consulting the BIT page there's a lot of failed tests...

Might this be a BIT problem I yet have to resolve, or maybe something to do with hidden objects in the mission it self?

Thank you for making the best campaigns out there for DCS!

I can certainly see your point.

It would be somewhat easier - if you where to jump to the F10 map.

However - this being a story driven campaign - one would be dependant on a certain outcome on each mission. So the level of «cheating» could (in my opinion) be up to the individual player.

I agree - some level of skill in order to complete the individual mission would be to prefere, but if some ED-thing deprives us the full joy of your otherwise outstanding work, I’m willing to live with the fact that the responsivility for the level of reality lies with me.

Also - in a real world scenario - wouldn’t the info feeds from gnd based radar / AWACS be more or less continous until the intercept was concluded? (Just as if the player were to peek at the F-10 every once in a while)?

Food for thought. At least until the issue with ED is resolved…?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like this should be fixed one way or the other: either dolly is sweet and players see enemies on the SA page, or it's sour and they don't. This could even be part of the plot where dolly is down for whatever reason. That keeps it realistic and increases the challenge.

It's definitely confusing for the player to say dolly is sweet and expect to see something on the SA page, and then get nothing and be left to browsing forums like this, wondering what we did wrong :confused:

On 6/29/2022 at 8:02 AM, baltic_dragon said:

I think it may be a DCS problem - if enemy is hidden on map he is also not visible on SA (which shouldn’t be a case). Anyhow this is nothing I have done or have any control over, unfortunately…

I thought hidden from mfd was the tick box to control this i dependently. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea why it doesn't show up as it should. No enemy aircraft is set as "hidden" on the MFD, only on the map - which should not affect the SA page, and if it does, then it is a DCS bug. If I show the enemy on F10, the campaign will be too easy. I am away from the gaming rig for another month, but can someone create a simple mission with lots of other assets and run two versions of it: one with units hidden on F10 map, another one with visible? If the results are the same, we can report it to ED.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Is this DCS bug supposed to be fixed now?

I'm starting the campaign from scratch (had to take a break halfway through earlier), and still I'm getting no datalink on missions 4 and 5.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Thanks, trying to find Marauder quickly enough to not fail the mission M05 without D/L is exposing my apparently subpar radar / rock-calls skills.

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

On 3/17/2023 at 10:18 PM, Pyrocumulous said:

Thanks, trying to find Marauder quickly enough to not fail the mission M05 without D/L is exposing my apparently subpar radar / rock-calls skills.

Forgive me if this is obvious, but did you set rock as A/A waypoint in the HSI data page? You can then see where your radar or SA page cursor is and get yourself heading in the right direction until you find him on your own radar.

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

@Sandman1330
I did set Rock, just took me too long to locate the correct aircraft and complete the intercept the first two tries. Shortly after firing warning shots I would run out of time and fail. Me not paying enough attention to flight direction combined with not being aggressive enough about chasing the aircraft down.

Edited by Pyrocumulous
add tag5
  • Like 1

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.