A-10CII FLIR polarity

8 hours ago, Red_Camarada said:

Hi everyone, I was playing with A-10CII doing some CAS when I noticed that the TGP was showing blackhot TGT even when I was using WHOT.

TGP polaratiy.jpg

You sure that car is actually hot? Looks like a parked car with its engine off and thus it should be pretty cold, especially at night when there is no sun heating it up. Granted, the entire car should be cold (black) and not just the bonnet, but the bonnet beeing black (cold) on a parked car at night is not wrong.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

4 hours ago, QuiGon said:

You sure that car is actually hot? Looks like a parked car with its engine off and thus it should be pretty cold, especially at night when there is no sun heating it up. Granted, the entire car should be cold (black) and not just the bonnet, but the bonnet beeing black (cold) on a parked car at night is not wrong.

The car was up and running. Actually a few seconds earlier I saw the same thing on another car but while the hood was pitch black the gun was white as it should be after a quick .50 burst on my A-10

1 hour ago, Red_Camarada said:

The car was up and running.

Oh, that's an important piece of information. Was that on the Open Beta or Stable?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It rarely happens that military vehicles are in motion when war planes are in the air, it is logical that they hide , and therefore turn off the engines, whoever read the book A-10 over Kosovo in 1999 knows what I am writing about. A-10 specifically had a problem to find anything from the vehicles other than the models that were set up to be hit but also other aircraft with TGP.The point is that the TGP is forced to watch vehicles parked or their engines turned off.The same goes for and actions from their weapons.

Edited by Dragan
  • Like 1