DCS World 2.7 unsteady and high CPU usage, while DCS itself "thinks" its CPU usage is low

I don not know how many times I have post about the high and unsteady CPU usage of DCS 2.7. And I mention it again because I find something new, ED, please, pay attention to the DCS CPU usage because it seems that there is a bug that can cause the abnormal CPU usage.

Press the RCtrl-Pause twice, we can get the detailed statics of DCS CPU usage, and the CPU total never goes above 20, maybe it means in percent%? While if I look the CPU usage from other software, the CPU usage can be very high up to 60 even 80% at some moment for a 8c16t CPU, and tuning the graphic seetings to midum or low don't solve the problem. And I attached a photo shows that the DCS thinks its CPU usage is low to 1X% while actually the CPU usage is up t0 50%.

I think DCS might have some component that consumes much CPU usage while DCS cannot monitor it and that cause the leak of CPU usage, which is like to the RAM leak that DCS already exists.

DCS CPU usage(red color infomation is from DCS).png

Interesting to see this discrepancy between usage.

But my question to you now is: What is your actual point.

- Is it that the values shown in DCS are "not well" calculated"
- or that ED shall reduce the over all cpu usage?

Personally, I could imagine, that DCS calculates only the net usage of CPU, not the gross including the actual cpu consumption of e.g. third party libraries and scripts. I'd consider scripts as the most propable cause of your experiance. I often struggeled of CPU performance drops, resolved by fixing/updating or removing scripts (C:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts)

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

2022/6/30 PM9点06分,Limaro说:

Interesting to see this discrepancy between usage.

But my question to you now is: What is your actual point.

- Is it that the values shown in DCS are "not well" calculated"
- or that ED shall reduce the over all cpu usage?

Personally, I could imagine, that DCS calculates only the net usage of CPU, not the gross including the actual cpu consumption of e.g. third party libraries and scripts. I'd consider scripts as the most propable cause of your experiance. I often struggeled of CPU performance drops, resolved by fixing/updating or removing scripts (C:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts)

I think the values shown in DCS are "not well" calculated", and I don't have scripts in my saved games.

Edited by GTX2660Ti