Advice on engines

westr

I created a mission, at night tasked with intercepting 3 ju-88s flying from the channel over England. 
They arrive one after another so the duration of the flight should last about an hour, start to finish including takeoff and landing at Manston. The ju-88s can fly pretty fast so I have to push the mosquito at times in order to intercept before they escape back over the channel. So I’ve read some notes about limitations, I’ve tried really hard to not push the engines too much for too long +9 boost is advised at no more than an hour, at times I have gone over +9 but am conscious of the time and quickly set the engines back to Max continuous +7 as soon as possible. I open my Rads to maximum but no matter what I do the engines seem to just loose power at virtually the same point every mission. They don’t seize, they continue to turn but just loose power, first the right engine then the left. Like I say this seems to happen at the same point of the mission around 45 mins every time. Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Include track. But first thing, what rpms setting are you using for that flight? I use 10lbs at 2850rpm and i didn't encounter any problems.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Fuel problem maybe? With this convoluted mess of tanks, gauges and valves, I would check that possibility.

Post the mission file, I won't try it it 'cause I don't own Channel map, but others might.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

My thoughts… if your a consistent 45 mins each time I’d check the outer wing tank gauges.

I was using the Mossie for some Falklands sightseeing and had to flip the fuel cocks over to main at “roughly” that time into my flight 

Ok I will post a mission file when I try next, regarding fuel, I was under the impression that if the fuel selectors  are set to main supply they will use all tanks apart from the drop tanks? Is that correct? 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

1 hour ago, westr said:

Ok I will post a mission file when I try next, regarding fuel, I was under the impression that if the fuel selectors  are set to main supply they will use all tanks apart from the drop tanks? Is that correct? 

No they will use only main tanks, sice dcs is fueling outer tanks first there is high chnce that main tanks werent filled not as much as you though.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

it was fuel thanks everyone, mosquito sure had some range on it 45mins flying on wing tanks alone, what a plane. 

• Like 3

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO