Argentina possible JF-17 purchase and our sim version.

WRCRob

It is seeming more and more likely that the JF-17 may be purchased by Argentina in block 3 form. I know that in the past the devs have said certain features were contingent on Pakistans purchase, but with another export customer coming online could/should this effect the module that we have? 

I wouldn't mind having a HMD and HOB fox2 combo added to the JF, or hell just the 3rd radio to be able to communicate with two channels and still retain the datalink when working with non JF-17's and the chin mount for the tpod.

Sounds like whining, but I do love this module. Took it out last night during tactical dcs's Tuesday event and had some fun being the scramble air defense fighter since I was able to get up in the air faster than the F-16s and F/A-18s. Just miss the ability to talk with awacs and the other flights while having the DL on. 

Edited by WRCRob
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WRCRob said:

Just miss the ability to talk with awacs and the other flights while having the DL on. 

I believe you can 'take' the radio and punch in a manual frequency, and use that while it is took, and then untake it to switch back to the com1 radio, not quite as convenient, but an option. You could also program in channel 1 with the main frequency, channel 2 with the other frequency, and use the +/- button to switch between them.

I find the 3rd radio unnecessary, SRS let's you talk over the DL, so you already have a JF-17 only auxiliary channel, then use Comm 1 as your primary. 

So long as you follow the rule of 2 (No aircraft without a wingman in the same plane) you're fine. Getting into mixed aircraft flights is always a recipe for mismatch and disaster. 

pure politics and nobody can tell what t happens. The true is Argentina is interested, so far it has sent ofcial visits to China 4 times in order to see the plane, test it too in terms of flying it. The last visit was 2 weeks ago so an oficial interest looks like it is a genuine one. In terms of $$$, capabilities, this fighter looks being there on the spot for Argentina

I'd really love for Argentina's Air Force to be able to operate the JF-17, but given the current economic situation I see very unlikely that they would be able to fund a purchase.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB