Checking if others experience the same issues: Air air TACAN + radar back to SIL issue? + decol light

Leviathan667

Hi all, do you experience the following issues with the Mirage?

1. I seem to have an issue with AA TACAN (it simply does not work) while ground (T/R) TACAN works fine
  2. Radar when I go back to EM a 2nd time after having switched to SIL after having been on EM a 1st time
  3. The BIT for the FBW system most of the time fails - I have to start over the testing 3 - 4 times before it succeeds (decol light will remain lit until such time comes when the test has been passed successfully - green light)
  4. Decol lights up again on the warning panel after having landed even when the BIT for the FBW system has succeeded prior to take-off.

Edited by Leviathan667

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

• Leviathan667 changed the title to Checking if others experience the same issues: Air air TACAN + radar back to SIL issue? + decol light
1 hour ago, Leviathan667 said:

do you experience the following issues with the Mirage?

I seem to have an issue with AA TACAN (it simply does not work) while ground (T/R) TACAN works fine

1. I have AA Tacan issues with most DCS modules, AFAIK it's a DCS core issue and we need to wait for ED to fix it.

Radar when I go back to EM a 2nd time after having switched to SIL after having been on EM a 1st time

2. Radar SIL not something I usually do, so it might be worth adding a short track and elaborate on your issue.

The BIT for the FBW system most of the time fails - I have to start over the testing 3 - 4 times before it succeeds (decol light will remain lit until such time comes when the test has been passed successfully - green light)

3. Is this despite having done a couple of control "wipes" first to warm up the Hyd fluid and remove any trapped air in the system ?

Decol lights up again on the warning panel after having landed even when the BIT for the FBW system has succeeded prior to take-off.

4. After landing (weight on wheels) the aircraft is out of trim for takeoff (hence the Decol warning), pressing the Autopilot Standby Mode (AP Disconnect) switch on the stick will reset the trim and cancel the warning lamp and alarm. If like me, you don't have a spare button on your stick for AP Disconnect, toggling the autopilot [A] will achieve the same result.

This Decol behaviour after landing is normal, are you new to the Mirage or has the behaviour changed in someway ? Might need a track or further explanation from you if it has ?

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

User above explained the FBW test — you have to sweep the controls before you run it.

I regularly use A/A TACAN mode and it works with my wingman giving yardstick distance (you are not supposed to get bearing) when the IDN is set to tac mode. If you’re trying to use it to find tankers then ones in DCS need to (incorrectly) use T/R mode I think. The TACAN implementation for the tankers is a bit messed up in DCS in general. The KC135s are not supposed to give bearing at all.

I also regularly toggle between SIL and EM mode for the radar with no problems. What exactly is the issue you’re running into with this one?

Edited by kablamoman
  • Like 1

I also frequently toggle the radar between different modes in my flight, but don't have any issue on it.  Maybe save a track next time so we can understand the problem.

Some small addition for the DECOL warning,you can double press the Autopilot Standby Mode button after you have touched down on main landing gear but before the nose gear have dropped on the ground.

In this way the DECOL warning will never come up on landing.

Edited by Akiazusa
  • Like 2

Kyoto Animation forever!

19 hours ago, Leviathan667 said:

I seem to have an issue with AA TACAN (it simply does not work) while ground (T/R) TACAN works fine

ED broke A/A TACAN in the whole game, and the worst part is that they believe its [correct as is] 😕 i think it works only with human-controlled planes now.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Thank you all for your replies.

Following your advice, the Decol issue has been solved for me. In a way I am new to the Mirage as I flew it a month of so in 2018 then went on to other modules until I came back to it a few weeks ago.

I understand AA TACAN is incorrectly implemented. Finding the tanker works with it in TR mode.

For the radar EM to SIL then back to EM behaviour: call it Murphy's law (or the opposite) but since I posted my message, I haven't been able to experience it anymore while I remember I consistently did before.

If it happens again I'll make sure to save the trk file

• Like 1

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

54 minutes ago, Leviathan667 said:

In a way I am new to the Mirage as I flew it a month of so in 2018 then went on to other modules until I came back to it a few weeks ago.

The current M-2000C is like a new aircraft compared to the version released in 2018 with many improvements and refinements made with the help of the AdA i.e. most youtube guides more than 12 months old are more or less out of date.

If you haven't already make sure to checkout :

• the current Razbam M-2000C Manual is being updated in step with most changes M-2000C Manual 2.2.0.pdf
"DCS World\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Doc\DCS M-2000C Flight Manual EN.pdf"

Chuck's M-2000C Guide (23/12/2021)

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080