Questions on datalink and SA re: mission 4 (spoilers)

I posted this on BD's Discord but reposting here. Finished the mission but still have some questions. Mr.Dieing's post about the waypoint bug answered some of mine. Deleting the questions that are no longer relevant.

Have some Hornet systems questions that apply to mission 4 (spoilers). I'm at the stage where Knight is asking me to find a skunk at 265, 19 from WALL SOCKET. Several things are confusing me. Hope this is a good place to ask.

1. "Dolly" was referenced in the radio call, and Flip said "receiving," doesn't that mean I should see the skunk on my SA page? What am I looking for there? Yes my datalink is on.

2. I don't understand how to easily reference bullseye when searching for sea surface contacts. The radar display does not show the cursor bearing/range to bullseye like the A-A radar does, neither does the FLIR view, unless there's a way to do that I don't know about. I have been using the cursor on the SA page (which does reference bullseye) to get the approximate location, then trying to use that to focus my radar search.

3. I created some markpoints for the Udaloy and other surface contacts, but can't find them again -  when I decrement the waypoint selected on HSI past waypoint 0, I believe it is supposed to go to the markpoints, but it isn't, it just cycles through my waypoint 0, 1, and 2. Appreciate any help - not sure if something is buggy here or if I don't understand the systems.

Here are a couple possible glitches I noticed with the mission itself:

1. I eventually found the right ship and got shot at. When I was cleared to engage, I hit it with a Maverick, and it sunk after about a minute, leaving just the small speedboat. Flip's subsequent radio call said it was 'DIW' not sunk. Maybe I just hit it too hard. The briefing mentioned targeting the bridge, but I couldn't determine how to adjust the aim of the Mav - after uncaging, the TDC didn't seem to slew it at all. Seemed prudent to hit it from standoff range after being shot at.

2. The last voice comm I heard was Raven 21 off the tanker and inbound to my posit. They flew to me, then past me north about 15 miles, then came back and started to orbit above me. I expected more comms clearing me to RTB but never got any. I waited for 15-20 minutes after the last voice comm, then was below bingo so headed to mother. The only voice after that was the built in marshal comms. 

Still finished with score of 100.

2 hours ago, JethroTundra said:

Here are a couple possible glitches I noticed with the mission itself:

1. I eventually found the right ship and got shot at. When I was cleared to engage, I hit it with a Maverick, and it sunk after about a minute, leaving just the small speedboat. Flip's subsequent radio call said it was 'DIW' not sunk. Maybe I just hit it too hard. The briefing mentioned targeting the bridge, but I couldn't determine how to adjust the aim of the Mav - after uncaging, the TDC didn't seem to slew it at all. Seemed prudent to hit it from standoff range after being shot at.

2. The last voice comm I heard was Raven 21 off the tanker and inbound to my posit. They flew to me, then past me north about 15 miles, then came back and started to orbit above me. I expected more comms clearing me to RTB but never got any. I waited for 15-20 minutes after the last voice comm, then was below bingo so headed to mother. The only voice after that was the built in marshal comms. 

Still finished with score of 100.

You are not allowed to engage it, you are told to stop it and drop ahead of it. If you destroy it, you will fail the mission (you would get into a lot of trouble if you did that in real life). The exact order is: "Raven 13, Knight, you are directed to halt that POCKET. Ordnance release in close proximity is authorized. Mike 1 Hotel is enroute to arrest both vessels". As for point 2, the mission didn't progress because well.. you sank the ship 🙂

• Like 2
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

On 6/30/2022 at 7:52 AM, JethroTundra said:

3. I created some markpoints for the Udaloy and other surface contacts, but can't find them again -  when I decrement the waypoint selected on HSI past waypoint 0, I believe it is supposed to go to the markpoints, but it isn't, it just cycles through my waypoint 0, 1, and 2. Appreciate any help - not sure if something is buggy here or if I don't understand the systems.

@JethroTundra My guess is you have a waypoint sequence active (seq1 usually). You can't access markpoints if a sequence is active, unbox seq1 and you should be good to access markpoints (as well as other non-sequence waypoints).

• Like 1