JSOW bricking the store page

VIXEN413

Hello, 

I ve been trying to kill a SAM site with JSOW and HARMS and ran trough some issues. 

There might be few multiple aspects to the bug but essentially, it was all while doing the same flight. 

I ll try to make a  track ASAP but I m away from home now. 

My run begins with an airstart (for this test at least), low altitude and 35Nm from the SAM site, msked by a mountain ridge.  WP0 is the spawn, WP1 is the Target location. 

1: setup of JSOW. 

Master Arm, A/G selected, 

go to store page, I select the JSOW, the timing start, I set it up the way I want, Go TOO for pylon8 (with 2 bombs then step to pylon2(2 bombs as well) to go TOO.

Tgt dsg on WP1, ah, I need to change the target altitude as WP1 has an overfly alt. I do this for Pylon8 but have to do it again for pylon2. I type again the alt (2900ft inthid case) and bam, he shows 2000 on screen. I do it again, still, does not take the correct altitude that I inputed. I deselect and WP1, edit the WP, it works, Designate it again as TGT, again, wrong altitude on the mission part of JSOW store page. each time I undes redes, the system cuts the altitude of the target by 2.... very stange behaviour. 

Eventually, it worked by undesignate, edit once more the correct alt in WP then redesignate and it was finally ok. 

2: Running in, pop up attack from behind the ridge, I release them all 4, and on store page, I click on button 7 to open the HARM page but nothing happens. Same if I click button8 to select the RT I had on center pylon... all other DDI buttons are also inop and I need to get out of A/G then back in to unbrick the store page and select HARM in SP... 

Not ideal situation as I already had the telegraph poles flying towards me.... 

Seems there is smthing wrong with the JSOW (and probably JDAM too) 

Will try to post a track when back from work. 

Anybody experienced the same behaviour? 

Best regards

Edited by VIXEN413

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

7 hours ago, VIXEN413 said:

Anybody experienced the same behaviour? 

No. I've just tested a similar setup. All LDDI buttons worked fine, including HARM. As far as WPT ELEV change, there was no error. Well, I didn't do it exactly as you did in your mission.

My WPT was set at the target elevation at the start of my mission. I designated it (WPDSG) then undesignated and unboxed the waypoint sequence in order to test the WPT elevation change. Once the change was done, I re-designated the WPT and the new elevation showed correctly on both, WPT DATA page (in feet) and the JSOW mission page (in meters).

All done in SP custom mission.

Thanks for having a look at it. 

I llbe home sunday. will try it out again and hopefully, make a track of this since I could repeat the issue 2-3 times...

I ll try again with the mission I have, targeting SA12 (high digit SAM mod for this miz) but I ll check too with ingame SA10 to see if that mod did not create the issue.... wich I doubt since The issue is just while doing a setup of standard armament in the hornet... 

BR

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

Here are 2 tracks showing the issues.

I ve quickly redone the mission with ingame standard sa10 iso the high digit sam.

First track is extracted from flight in VR so that might not be the easiest to check but the second one will show the issue too.

On both tracks, I start with a wide 360 to setup the JSOW and can reproduce the elevation bug when WP designate (it's also part of another bug report).

Then I proceed to ingress, popup and release the glidebombs and I want to click to the HARM or RT weapon on button 7 and 8 and nothing happens. I m using MFD's and the input on the bezel is registered as you see the button clicking on the screen, same if I use the mouse to click on it.

Workaround as you can see is to get out of A/G then back in and then click on button7 for the HARM  (I later get teh Pullback message on hud so I know technically, I dont need to acces the page to shoot it in SP but all this is prior hud messagel. 

SA10.trk stuckstorepage.bug.trk

Edited by VIXEN413

• ED Team

Hi, 

I can not use the track replay due to the high digi sam mod, we can not use it on our debug versions. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hey there Bignewy,

Thanks for looking at it. 

Indeed, I just setup a quick mission but still had one unit from the high digit sam mod.

I ve redone it with SA11 BUK so you ll see what I mean.

So again, same deal, a 360° to setup the JSOW (still with the target elevation issue as mentioned in another bug report too) and an ingress to target, popup and release all 4 JSOW, I roll inverted then back  in normal flight towards the SAM site. At this point my stores page is still in the JSOW sub page and when I try to click on PB7 or PB8 for HARm or RT, the page does not change. Either by using the mouse or with my DDI button. I need to recycle A/G mode to "unbrick" the stores page..

Hope you can view the trk now and see what I mean.

Thanks

Best regards

stuck.stores.page.trk

• ED Team

1. is related to another issue I have reported about altitude manually adjusting each time it is selected. 

2. I can not reproduce, HARM seem to fire just fine for me.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hey there. 

Yes, I do fire the HARM but only after I do the reset of the A/G mode. 

look at the bezel of the left DDI after I release the JSOW I try to change the weapon from J82 to HARM or RT by pressing pb7 and 8 but nothing happens, you see on the screen the button clicking physically but the page is stuck. 

on this track, I try many times before finally resetting A/G and then I m able to select HARM weapon page and fire them