Are there any helicopter Campaigns planned or available for Syria map?

toby23

I'm not a huge fan of combat missions, I tend to die a lot, but do love the Huey, the Ka-50 and the Mi-8.

Are there any helicopter Campaigns planned or available for Syria map?

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

Are there any other helo campaigns planned in Syria by anyone?

I'd love to own the map but, unless I'm looking in the wrong places, there doesn't seem to be much to do there unless you fly online multiplayer?

16 hours ago, toby23 said:

Are there any other helo campaigns planned in Syria by anyone?

I'd love to own the map but, unless I'm looking in the wrong places, there doesn't seem to be much to do there unless you fly online multiplayer?

I feel you, Syria really could use some more helo ops love 🙂

Luckily there are a few brilliant ME minds within our community, but I admit, it can be a bit difficult to find the gems in between the rocks. (unfortunately ED still didn't add a proper map or module filter on the user files page). Here's two Syria helo campaigns that I enjoyed:

Non-combat:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3316986/ -> Excellent campaign by @Forest Rat (seems to have evolved a bit since I played it long time ago)

And perhaps soon the one from @Presidium :thumbup:

Combat:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3324743/ -> Not a regular DCS campaign, but a huge mission with progress save functionality (so can be considered a campaign). Although his Caucasus version might be more suitable for helo ops (I tried Syria version 0.5 and back then the distances to target area were a bit much)

Liberation Dynamic Campaign -> You probably already know about this one, but just in case

Edited by sirrah
  • Thanks 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thank you @sirrah, really appreciate that! I did buy the AH-64D and Syria last night. I only flew around in the AH-64D for a short while but it's already got it's hooks in me! I love it like I loved the Ka-50 on release! Looks like I'll be learning this module now, so really appreciate you sharing those links.

Am 12.7.2022 um 12:09 schrieb toby23:

Thank you @sirrah, really appreciate that! I did buy the AH-64D and Syria last night. I only flew around in the AH-64D for a short while but it's already got it's hooks in me! I love it like I loved the Ka-50 on release! Looks like I'll be learning this module now, so really appreciate you sharing those links.

Hey Toby, did you check the Apache Hunting Ground mission by TheSithis?

One of the best if not the best helicopter mission currently available for Syria.😁

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3321127/

Though its optimized for multiplayer you can play single as well.

Edited by Busman_XY
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Busman_XY said:

Hey Toby, did you check the Apache Hunting Ground mission by TheSithis?

One of the best if not the best helicopter mission currently available for Syria.😁

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3321127/

Though its optimized for multiplayer you can play single as well.

Thank you @Busman_XY, hadn't heard of that one and will give it a go!