Jester menu font

9thHunt

My head tracker makes me motion sick, and the POV hat on my stick is clunky for manipulating the Jester menu, so I'm working on a custom keypad for it.  What font is used for the interface in game?  I'm trying to match the look as best I can.

Edited by 9thHunt

That font looks like FUTURA to me.  

About motion-sickness with TrackIR, firstly know that we all get a bit of that in the beginning.  however, usually the fix is actually a lack of sensitivity.  The default profile that NaturalPoint provides is totally unusable and will give you neck-pain and nausea because youre having to move your head so much more for it to do what you intuitively want. Your body feels like there is something wrong as it wants to use its instinctual look-at-danger response and its finding that its retarded , and so it assumes you maybe ate something that is causing it and wants to expel it from your stomach.  

(this can also be caused by too low a framerate.  you need at least 45fps or else it gets pretty bad)

Try making much deeper V-shaped profiles with no deadzone for your horizontal and vertical head movement. (keep rotation and Z to have a good sized deadzone)  and give yourself the week or so to get used to it.  its like when you get that first 1000mhz gaming mouse, its painful to aim at first, but after a few days you are just as accurate but now faster and more responsive.  be patient with yourself. good luck

That ain’t Futura. It’s too blocky, Futura is built on Circles for curves. Notice how the “U” is flat bottomed. 

I’m curious what it is too, because it’s a good looking font, if a bit compromising on readability for style.

Edited by RustBelt

On 7/6/2022 at 2:31 AM, 9thHunt said:

just thought I'd share the result of this project.

I just need to fiddle with them a little more so the light is more diffuse.

Jester_keys.jpg

That looks very cool. I do not know the font btw, but I will ask.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/