Weapons and Loadouts - Walleye, Shrike, CBUs and Napalm

Raviar

9 minutes ago, Czechnology said:

DCS lacks napalm, so that's probably a no.

To my understanding the AGM-78 was only launched from the G variant of the Phantom, might be wrong, but I don't see why the Shrike couldn't be fired.

the MK-77 will be added to Hornet soon 🙂

Edited by Raviar

Walleye was a Navy weapon. For an Air Force F-4E, I would expect to see a GBU-8. The DMAS version will have GBU-15 which is a much more capable weapon. AGM-78 was a weapon used by the F-4G and a limited number of modified Israeli F-4E's. The US standard F-4E was only capable of using Shrike ARM's to support the SEAD mission. I'd love to have a hunter killer team of F-4G's to hunt SAM sites and an F-4E's to kill them with.

• Like 2

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

22 hours ago, Czechnology said:

DCS lacks napalm, so that's probably a no.

To my understanding the AGM-78 was only launched from the G variant of the Phantom, might be wrong, but I don't see why the Shrike couldn't be fired.

The Israelis armed their Phantoms with STARMs, though I don't think that would mean we'd get them on our Phantoms. Though the Shrike what the E normally carried when flying SEAD. I would though like at least AI Gs. 

I'd like to see the AIM-4 and AGM-12 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, upyr1 said:

I'd like to see the AIM-4 and AGM-12 

Why punish yourself?? . . . . :laugh:

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

2 hours ago, G.J.S said:

Why punish yourself?? . . . . :laugh:

The aim-4 would be great in a single player MiG-19 mission.

30 minutes ago, Fangs Out said:

Tbh it would be interesting tho. 🧐

Guns only with an extra step