K14 gun sight range axis

Gunfreak

So the wingspan thing is easy enough. 99% of the time you put it at about 33 feet.

But the range should be continuously changed.

I thought I was smart when I put it on the cursor axis on my throttle, but of course that one just resets when I let go. I don't really have any other easily accessible axises.

What buttons/axis have you put the gun sight range on?

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

ive set it to the slider of my x52s throttle. eventually you have to set your input to "throttle" or what its called.

whats your flightstick anyway and hows it mapped?

also i wouldnt change it continously. the gun convergence is set at 1100 feet. so i rather tend to get into that distance and try to stay there. gives maximum effect with a 1 to 2 sec burst.

Edited by Doughguy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Doughguy said:

also i wouldnt change it continously. the gun convergence is set at 1100 feet. so i rather tend to get into that distance and try to stay there. gives maximum effect with a 1 to 2 sec burst.

Yes, same for me. I tried using the slider axis on my X52 Pro but I just couldn't get the hang of using an axis when I'm focusing on aim, nor could I perceive any value added. I keep it off for anything but bombers.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Theodore42:

Yes, same for me. I tried using the slider axis on my X52 Pro but I just couldn't get the hang of using an axis when I'm focusing on aim, nor could I perceive any value added. I keep it off for anything but bombers.

not really done anything fancy in terms of adjustments. vanilla axis/curves settings. set the slider as an axis control for the distance input. works like a charm.

but as said. i think the gyro on the p51 is extremely power- and useful. i just have it set fixed on 1100 ft. i dont engage above that. below that i can do my own compensation.
the only thing i change is the wingspan setting between the 109 and 190.  it aint much but does a difference in my experience.

if you have your controls synced at start up. you just could setup the range once to your liking and let the slider be. i find the slider more convenient than buttons.
you could also use one of the turn knobs on the throttle of yours instead.

i do have the minimal fixed sight ( + ) enabled and usually i dim the sightpicture. helps alot with aiming.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Doughguy
  • Like 1