M2 GRCV not working ?

I flew runway heading until 1K feet then right turn to 190 degrees as instructed by tower.  After Claire calls I turned a left 130 coarse heading towards Haifa. Use the radar in sea mode and the ship is not far from this coarse. I thought it was a fun mission. 

I think everything works well, but the mission is not that easy. Listen to explanation by Claire when they set off and try to use F10 map to draw their course between two points and search along that line. Also she tells you for how long did they go so you can more or less deduct how far they got.

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 10:00 PM, 84-Simba said:

But if I understand correctly the Hornet, I should be hearing the guard on any channel if the option GRCV is ticked.

It depends on wich freq (VHF/UHF) you are operating the radio. If you are on a VHF main freq on your PRI (COMM1) and select GRCV you are able to listen messages only broadcasted on the VHF guard freq of 121.5 and you'll miss all the ones on the UHF guard 243.00. and viceversa if you are on a UHF main freq on your radio and select GRCV you'll be able to monitor the UHF guard freq of 243.00 but not the VHF one.

I'm pretty sure on this mission the distress call is broadcasted on the UHF Guard 243.00 so we need to be sure to have the GRCV selected at least on our radio where we are using an UHF freq, following the mission kneeboard I think it is to be expected as we are on preset channel 9 for Ground control to pick up the clearance and taxi instruction and later on we push channel 8 for take off clearance by the tower and both are UHF freq.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pokeraccio said:

It depends on wich freq (VHF/UHF) you are operating the radio. If you are on a VHF main freq on your PRI (COMM1) and select GRCV you are able to listen messages only broadcasted on the VHF guard freq of 121.5 and you'll miss all the ones on the UHF guard 243.00. and viceversa if you are on a UHF main freq on your radio and select GRCV you'll be able to monitor the UHF guard freq of 243.00 but not the VHF one.

I'm pretty sure on this mission the distress call is broadcasted on the UHF Guard 243.00 so we need to be sure to have the GRCV selected at least on our radio where we are using an UHF freq, following the mission kneeboard I think it is to be expected as we are on preset channel 9 for Ground control to pick up the clearance and taxi instruction and later on we push channel 8 for take off clearance by the tower and both are UHF freq.

Thank you for that information.

I'll do some other tests then 🙂

7 minutes ago, 84-Simba said:

Thank you for that information.

I'll do some other tests then 🙂

please let me know. thanks