Hotas keybinding for cougar mfd panels for right mfd buggy. Most of them does not work. (Solved: NS430 cannot be disabled for JF-17, remove keybindings for NS430)

Rapierarch

I have just bought the module

I did the keybindings of all my 3 cougar mfd's in controls menu. Although main buttons were already mapped for right and left I have checked them also and corrected contrast and brightness mappings. 

But most of right mfd keybindings do not work. I have thrustmaster cougar mfd's. Left and center one works but for right mfd only 4 or 5 buttons in total are operational. I do not see the button in the cockpit moving.

In controls menu everything is fine and buttons are all highlighted when I press them.

I have no problems in Hornet, Harrier and F-16 or any other module where I have mapped right mfd buttons. 

Thanks in advance for solving this problem.

Edited by Rapierarch
Solved

Hello
I remember that something similar happened to me with some buttons on the central MDF. I fixed it by changing the keyboard combination assigned to that key. for example if button U2 requires left + ctrl + 2 , I changed it to shft + 2 and then assigned control to it.

I hope it helps you

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

i have only 2, so preset only for mfd1 and mfd2. and the 3rd one requires customized binding.

for the 3rd one, what's the lua name in saved game/dcs/config/input/jf-17/joystick?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

On 7/2/2022 at 7:27 AM, uboats said:

i have only 2, so preset only for mfd1 and mfd2. and the 3rd one requires customized binding.

for the 3rd one, what's the lua name in saved game/dcs/config/input/jf-17/joystick?

here, my right mfd which is not working. Left and center mfd's work. 

For right mfd only some buttons work. For example U3 works and L2 also

F16 MFD 2 {67527650-D520-11ec-8001-444553540000}.diff.lua

Edited by Rapierarch

16 hours ago, Rapierarch said:

here, my right mfd which is not working. Left and center mfd's work. 

For right mfd only some buttons work. For example U3 works and L2 also

F16 MFD 2 {67527650-D520-11ec-8001-444553540000}.diff.lua 5.79 kB · 2 downloads

Could you remove (backup) all your F16 MFD x {xxxx} lua files under saved game/dcs/config/input/jf-17/joystick/?

Then download attached 3 preset files and put them in DCS installation/Mods/aircraft/JF-17/Input/JF-17/joystick/?

And then retry the preset

F16 MFD 3.diff.luaF16 MFD 2.diff.luaF16 MFD 1.diff.lua

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

3 hours ago, uboats said:

Hey thanks, 

Unfortunately no change everything is exactly same. for left and center I had to redo the brightness contrast and symbology brightness settings again as I did before and all buttons are functioning there as before. (edit: This time I did not need to remap all the buttons on mfd3 they were already mapped but it is working with or without preset)

Right MFD no change. I have mapped everything except on off switch. Here below the list of only working buttons on right MFD

U 1, 3, 5

L 2, 4

R 2, 4

D none!

And none of the adjustment buttons. 

It is very strange because I can map them and in the controls menu when I click those buttons I see them highlighted.

I hope there is an easy fix.

Edited by Rapierarch

On 7/2/2022 at 2:29 AM, Colmillo said:

I fixed it by changing the keyboard combination assigned to that key.

Hi there, for the right mfd I do not see standard keyboard bindings. Thanks anyway may be I can put some keyboard bindings and that may do some trick.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 9:29 AM, uboats said:

Dear,

I have tired this many times. I have also reinstalled the mod. Tried repair. Deleted all files in game installation input map of JF-17. Tired full repair again. It reinstalled all files back. Nothing changes. 

I still have the same issue. My mfd controller works with any other module. Any other game. I can also see the key bindings highlighted when I test them in controls setup. 

Is there any other thing that I can try? Or is there a fix coming?

Thanks and kindest regards,

23 hours ago, Rapierarch said:

Dear,

I have tired this many times. I have also reinstalled the mod. Tried repair. Deleted all files in game installation input map of JF-17. Tired full repair again. It reinstalled all files back. Nothing changes. 

I still have the same issue. My mfd controller works with any other module. Any other game. I can also see the key bindings highlighted when I test them in controls setup. 

Is there any other thing that I can try? Or is there a fix coming?

Thanks and kindest regards,

You need to use TARGET app to identify each MFD, for left one, it should be ID 1 (top left light on), for right one it should be ID 2 (top right light on), for center one it should be ID 3 (both light on)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 hours ago, uboats said:

to identify each MFD,

It has been set just like that. ID1 and ID3 has not problems. I have promlem with ID2 on JF-17. The same one (ID-2) works flawlessly in any other module or other sim. Also I cen bind keys in the controls menu and when I press keys there I can see them highlighted on JF-17 too. Everything is working as it should work on controller side and DCS side. But it feels as if those are not wired in cockpit. 

Hi.

Also make sure you don't have those buttons mapped to another feature, like the NS430 or  similar. that will be then overritten!

I had that problem, but with all the modules that had the NS430 as an option; the RMFD buttons asigned to it where not working on the planes where the NS430 was enabled.

Saludos.

Saca111

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

Also make sure you don't have those buttons mapped to another feature, like the NS430 or  similar. that will be then overritten!

I had that problem, but with all the modules that had the NS430 as an option; the RMFD buttons asigned to it where not working on the planes where the NS430 was enabled.

Saludos.

Saca111

I did not try this but I'm almost 99% sure you are right. I have NS430 for Mi-8 and I use right mfd buttons which are not working right now for NS430. I'll check this but as far as can see only the buttons which I have not mapped there are working. I have ofcourse turned off that in all the modules months ago but probably when JEF is installed it enabled it. 

Controls tab does not show any conflicts. I could have never found this! thanks. I'll confirm this evening. But as I said I'm 99% sure you have found it. 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Sacarino111 said:

Saca111

You were right. I have removed all keybindings from NS430 and everything works now.

Dear @uboats,

I have NS430 module which I use only with MI-8. I have disabled all other modules in its settings. But apparently JF-17 is not on that list where you can enable or disable the NS430. It seems like if you cannot disable it explicitly it is enabled by default . And you cannot use any bindings that you used there in your module that you are flying. It does not give any conflict warning but it simply does not allow you to operate using those bindings. 

You should ask ED to add JF-17 to the list of the modules in NS430. I do not know how many people use it but it conflicts with your module. And there is no way of knowing it. Thanks to @Sacarino111who experienced the same thing before and informed me here. My problem is solved. There is nothing wrong with your module. 

Kindest regards,

• Rapierarch changed the title to Hotas keybinding for cougar mfd panels for right mfd buggy. Most of them does not work. (Solved: NS430 cannot be disabled for JF-17, remove keybindings for NS430)