Select specific ship for vtol

upyr1

I have seen this happen a few times. I have a carrier battle group with two destroyers a frigate and a cruiser. I set up a helicopter and have it land and it ends up aitomatcally selecting the cruiser. It would be nice to have a waypoint option where we can assign a specific ship 

How are you getting them to land?

On my end, I've made a battlegroup with an identical composition (1× CV, 1× CG, 2× DDG and 1× FFG) and the helicopter simply lands on the ship that the landing waypoint is placed on.

So long as you're on edit for the waypoint, you can drag and drop the landing waypoint onto whatever ship you want (so long as the ship can accept a helicopter) and the helicopter will land on that ship.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

How are you getting them to land?

On my end, I've made a battlegroup with an identical composition (1× CV, 1× CG, 2× DDG and 1× FFG) and the helicopter simply lands on the ship that the landing waypoint is placed on.

So long as you're on edit for the waypoint, you can drag and drop the landing waypoint onto whatever ship you want (so long as the ship can accept a helicopter) and the helicopter will land on that ship.

I put the waypoint on the battlegroup and it selects the nearest ship as I normally do this zoomed out it is rather random then fixing it is the problem I'd rather have a drop down as I don't like changing the waypoint zooming in then placing it on the carrier I'm a bit lazy

I think it goes to the closest ship where the waypoint is.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.