The annoying ADVs and WARNs on left DDI

FrostLaufeyson

When I go to a PVP server and practice BVR fights, I get used to putting the SA page on my left DDI. This usually creates a lot of problems, you see, you try to keep accelerating, trying to get an energy advantage. But this will cause FPAS to fail to calculate the HOME FUEL, and an ADV-FPAS prompt will appear. This prompt not only blocks your chaff and flare count display, but also blocks the bandit information display.

I skimmed through the NATOPS Flight Manual and it only seemed to mention that the prompts could be moved to another screen only when the left DDI was closed or disabled. I haven't found a way to manually transfer these prompts to another screen.

How did you deal with these prompts? I don't like putting SA pages on AMPCD because it's really inconvenient to bow your head in a BVR fight.

The caution and advisory line will always be on the left DDI when all screens are on, this cannot be altered. The left DDI is not intended to be used for critical-information pages such as the SA page specifically because of that. In A/A, it is intended to use the left DDI for the AZ/EL display, and the radar format on the right DDI (the sensor control switch logic supports this).

Personally I just put the SA on the MPCD and look down when I need it. If the fight ends up at close range, I should be more worried about what's outside the canopy than being heads-down.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 4

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

18小时前,Tholozor说:

The caution and advisory line will always be on the left DDI when all screens are on, this cannot be altered. The left DDI is not intended to be used for critical-information pages such as the SA page specifically because of that. In A/A, it is intended to use the left DDI for the AZ/EL display, and the radar format on the right DDI (the sensor control switch logic supports this).

Personally I just put the SA on the MPCD and look down when I need it. If the fight ends up at close range, I should be more worried about what's outside the canopy than being heads-down.

It seems that the default SCS logic is correct, that is, AZ/EL on the left, SA on the bottom

I have to force a change in my habit, which I did because I didn't like the default SA at the bottom. The information on the AMPCD is harder to read because I am sitting farther away from my display and the display is not large enough

Dunno if its still the case, but you should be able to disable the home fuel advisory by setting the FUEL page waypoint to 99. The problem used to be, you couldnt change it back off of the ‘99’ value, but in tour case, not that big of a deal.