F-18C get wings to fold in super carrier

To spread them, you need to rotate the handle and then push it in. To fold, pull it out and rotate.

As a sidenote, the manual can help in such cases, especially if you want the answer quickly. Simply search for a keyword and you'll get everything described.

Thank you razo+r, I understand the necessary movement to actuate the handle but it does not respond to my mouse or the keyboard command. That was my dilemma. I finally pulled my head out of my sphinchter muscle and figured it out. Thanks again for the advice.

Thanks, 

Sparkman

Edited by Sparkman

On 7/2/2022 at 9:20 PM, Sparkman said:

Hey guys, new to the Hornet and working on carrier take offs and landings. What am I missing with not being able to actuate the wing folding control?

Sorry I am such a flipping noob.

Sparkman

If the wings start folded:

Put the mouse pointer on the wing-fold handle, and leave it on the handle for all further instructions.

Scroll-wheel aft to pull the lever out.

Right click the lever to rotate it CW (left click for CC). Once the lever-handle is in the horizontal position, the wings will start to unfold. You should actually only do this right before reaching the catapult, when the yellow-shirt signals it to you. Wings should generally be up while taxiing on the deck. 

Scroll-wheel forward to push the lever back in and lock it.

After landing, and un-hooking the tail hook, start folding your wings before you start to taxi away. They can fold while you taxi. Just don't hit any other aircraft on the deck with your wings. You will not make friends like that.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1