[REPORTED] No Super 530Ds remaining, but still available for jettison

streakeagle

I was flying the Nevada air-to-air combat tutorial and had expended all missiles. So, I was working on mapping some of the controls used in the mission to my USB panels. I was testing the normal jettison controls when I noticed that the 530D was lit up, while the fuel tank and Magic were not. I went to an external view to verify all of my pylons were empty.

I thought maybe I can jettison the 530D pylons. So, I selected the 530D and pressed the trigger. I heard the "clunk" of a jettison release, but all the pylons were still there. Upon pressing the jettison button, the 530D light extinguished.

So, for some reason the jettison logic acted as if I still had at least one 530D on a pylon allowing me to select and jettison the non-existent 530 pylons.

I understand the mission is old and sometimes old missions cause bugs that wouldn't exist if the mission was opened in the editor and then saved or built from scratch. I assume that some aspects of the mission are out of date and that this one will be edited or replaced. That would be a good time to test and debug the jettison logic after expending all ordnance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The logic is good. The 530 is fired but its pylon is still there and jettisonable. So you can select it and hear the clunk. The whole PCA logic sequence is the right one.

What is not, is that pylon is not jettisoned visually and it should. This wasn't possible at the time due to DCS limitations.

This may have changed, we will have a look later on.

Edited by Kercheiz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• myHelljumper changed the title to [REPORTED] No Super 530Ds remaining, but still available for jettison