Modern Submarine Pack

Hawkeye60

I present for your consideration,

The Modern Submarine Pack!

Up-date 23/9/2023

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fsa5io4evfiyc9qpdxcx5/Korea-Navy-Submarines-V1.0.zip?rlkey=1lps6jfg4pxm6p6orxazw4hob&dl=0

Up-Date 30/9/2023

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/11hyuilsakydnuzchxc3o/Submarine-Pack-4.zip?rlkey=u1z8ujyf8zq16cdrpm5fe6vi6&dl=0

With a up-dated set two.

And New Korea submarines!

Conform Sub!

And More!

Up-date!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhqjoe04udhgm5g/Oceangate Titan Submersible V1.0.0.zip?dl=0

Screen-230628-192706.jpg

Screen-230628-192713.jpg

New pack released!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pba0glaa40h82ha/Modern Sub Pack 3.rar?dl=0

Inside is a large collection of Modern Submarines.

A few from the Master himself, Makinsdel!

The Typhoon and K-141 Kursk deserve special mention.

All should be able to fore torpedoes.

They are "Dumb" torps and only travel in a straight line.

Set your target according....

I included the Admirals 688i sub.

And a Easter Egg!

The Harpoons and Tomahawks Have not been seen to deploy

YMMV

All will behave just as the new South Atlantic sub does, as the code is based upon it.

And, I thank the Razbam and ED teams for bring working torps back to the sim!

Merci!

WWIII set WIP.....

New!

British T-class submarine

The Royal Navy's T class (or Triton class) of diesel-electric submarines was designed in the 1930s to replace the O, P, and R classes. Fifty-three members of the class were built just before and during the Second World War, where they played a major role in the Royal Navy's submarine operations. Four boats in service with the Royal Netherlands Navy were known as the Zwaardvisch class.

In the decade following the war, the oldest surviving boats were scrapped and the remainder converted to anti-submarine vessels to counter the growing Soviet submarine threat. The Royal Navy disposed of its last operational boat in 1969, although it retained one permanently moored as a static training submarine until 1974. The last surviving boat, serving in the Israel Sea Corps, was scrapped in 1977.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/798v6neiqq3jmln/T Class Submarine V2.8.5.zip?dl=0

Screen-221122-023447.png

Screen-221122-023450.png

Image and files shamelessly stolen from Marroux from his post in the Admirals thread! LOL

I thank him for his work on the wakes!

Please, Do the rest if the wakes for me!

I BEG YOU! LMAO

(I am worn out from all this underwater stuff....)😆

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ja66ix6p5svy8rn/Modern Submarine Pack V 2.8.2.zip?dl=0

Up-date 7/7/2022

New set is ready!

I trust you guys will fix all the wakes for me so I may get back to the PT boats.

I included a Scuba Diver mod as a bonus!

This is a old mod, so I give no guarantees it will all work.

Many do as you will see

Also inside are a few Deep sea Research vessels without any weapons.

These make great rescue missions.

All work is my own.

Models from Sketch Fab, 3d warehouse and cad nav.

Once the wake files are done, the mod will be up-dated.

I hope you find use for them!

The up-date to Pack one will now commence!

Have FUN!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/12jymqaw1p7ctyw/Modern Submarine Pack Two V2.7.8.zip?dl=0

Set two up-date.

Includes new subs. No other changes were made,

List of included subs,

a_26_klass,

delta_class,

dsd,

dsrv_barracuda,

foxtrot_class,

golf_class,

gotland_class,

hmcs jasper ssbn,

hurricane_class_ssbn,

kilo_class,

lada_class,

mike_class,

oberon_class,

permit_ssn,

scorpene_class_ssk,

skate_class_ssn,

sturgeon_class_ssn,

submersible,

And,

zwaardvis_class

That about covers it!

No wake files are included. Next up-date will be more complete.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s46l31ek8z5ohud/Modern Submarine Pack Two V2.8.zip?dl=0

New Oberon Class V2.8.5

A much better model.

As such,

I added rudder, and front and rear dive plane animations.

Ship wake file.

Checked just now in Stable.

Not fully tested

OvGME Ready.

Saved games install.

Any issues, let me know please.

Have fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3e0ptpmu6o7376/Oberon Class V2.8.5.zip?dl=0

A quick note,

All files from the original should be deleted/removed before using this mod.

It is stand alone, and conflict will ensue if both are used at the same time.

I will be up-dating the pack which contained it to do this soon.

Screen-221113-093848.png

Screen-221113-095817.png

Screen-221113-095822.png

Screen-220707-080458.png

Screen-220707-080736.png

Screen-220707-080945.png

Screen-220707-080953.png

Screen-220707-081111.png

Screen-220707-081147.png

pack.png

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 11

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

That's impressive. I love the kursk.. and good quality models so to say. Thank you Hawkeye and all other modelers who worked on these. Will post some screenshots of these with prccowboy's P8I in the scenario soon!

• Like 1

Would be lovely to see an Astute Class boat Hawkeye, have you come across one anywhere.

Good day Mate!

Happy Fourth Of July!

Want America back?

PLEASE!

Gone to hell in a hand basket!😂

Good luck with it!

Best if you install the mod and take a look see.

Your prayers may have been answered!

BTW, you can now PM me on the forums.

I cleaned out my inbox.

and send a new post from our shared thread with Oban.

Lost it during the summer clean out! LOL

Cheers!

• Like 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

4 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Would be lovely to see an Astute Class boat Hawkeye, have you come across one anywhere.

These updates are excellent, thank you Marroux . 

I think I have the plans for that somewhere....

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

HMS Vanguard - A couple of errors need fixing - the tail is completely wrong, its an enclosed prop array with a fin above below and to each side of that tail unit, not a twin fin at 45 degrees.  see images below.

Change this line to this :  This sits her correctly on the water.

GT.baseSubmersion    = -3.2

There are 2 harpoons standing about 8ft above the rear deck - that can be fixed easily by changing these 2 lines:

GT.WS[ws].pos = {-23.594, -7.002, 2.54}

GT.WS[ws].pos = {-15.594, -7.002,-2.54}

There is a piece of something sitting above the bow about 5 ft in front of the ship above the waterline, it needs removing

Wake file included.

Screen-220703-211105.png

cpnp66d4-900.jpg

hms_vanguard.lods.ship_wake

• Thanks 2

I have two queries

Can't see the kursk in the mission editor. I looked for k141 and kursk and was searching under Russia. Could anyone help how to find the vessel in ME.

Also the alfa class submarine looks very big.. it's bigger than a typhoon.. is the scaling correct? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Arrow11 said:

I have two queries

Can't see the kursk in the mission editor. I looked for k141 and kursk and was searching under Russia. Could anyone help how to find the vessel in ME.

Also the alfa class submarine looks very big.. it's bigger than a typhoon.. is the scaling correct? 

Update- Got the kursk to work, apparently the entry.lua had a different name.

However the alfa submarine size looks too big to me though I'm not sure If that's how it's in real life.

I will be up-dating this mod, and including all the above wake files and fixes very soon.

Now the holiday is past, I also have a second set just about ready.

And lets not forget the WWII set/sets?

And, The PT boats!

They will also fire torpedo's.........

However the alfa submarine size looks too big to me though I'm not sure If that's how it's in real life.

You can check the size in MV and check online for the data.

I do check the size but it may have escaped notice.

I will check before the up-date is released.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

HawkEye Sub Size comp 3.jpgHi HawkEye60

Thanks for these wonderful gifts - the Typhoon with Marroux's wakes, is worth the money alone! 👏 😉

The Alpha class size did stand out for me as well.

I have added a top down screenshot comparing size/length with all subs next to each other & did an adjacent table comparing the Actual Length vs In Game Length.

I did measurements with length Ruler tool in ME & compared to data from Wiki & did a variance column on the far right.

% Diff to Actual is calculated as (Game Length M - Actual Length M)/ Actual Length M - just to get a relativity to actual.

The Alpha is oversized by 169m. In Game length is 250m & should be 81m , it should be roughly half the size of the Typhoon (175m)

The rest of the subs, seem within reason & we don't want you too distracted from making all those other great mods you're working on 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First Post up-dated!

New Mod has been released!

@ggrewe

Thanks for the info!

This took a bit of time to put together I am sure.

I do appreciate the help!

Cheers!

• Like 1

HMS Vanguard, , firing a harpoon!

New model for Eddie is coming along!

We will have missiles!

Stay tuned!

Screen-220707-174638.png

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Hawkeye, I'm missing the textures for the insignae on the front and both sides of the castle for the Kursk sub (see screenshot below) 🤔 There are 2 JPG images in the Textures.zip folder, but they don't fit for some unknown reason 🙁 Thanks for your help. Great work all your subs, indeed ! Many thanks 😀

Kursk_220708.jpg

Edited by toan

53 minutes ago, toan said:

Hi Hawkeye, I'm missing the textures of the insignae on the front and both sides of the castle for the Kursk sub (see screenshot below) 🤔 There are 2 JPG images in the Textures.zip folder, but they don't fit for some unknown reason 🙁 Thanks for your help. Great work all your subs, indeed ! Many thanks

Aloha,

Not for me...

Kursk.png

I have no clue for why they don't appear.... 🙁

Edit : solved 😀 to fit with the K-141_Kursk.lua file, and its textures upload statement, the name of the textures file should be K-141_Kursk.zip (and not Textures_Kursk.zip) 😉 Enjoy...

By the way, the K-278 Komsomolets sub seems to me a bit too low when on the water surface, something like 6 ft too low... Am I correct ?

Edited by toan
  • Like 1