Modern Submarine Pack

Hawkeye60

If you downloaded the two original sets,

Only download the new version of set two.

Copy the unzipped file into the original folder and allow overwrite.

It will only overwrite the original files,

leaving any wake  files in place.

But the main sub lua files, from the new wake add ons,  have data corrections which need to be added.

So easier to just re add them as instructed by the authors.

All these subs will be up-dated with new code and wake files in time..

Hope this helps.

I also have a late addition.

BREAKING NEWS!

New sub spotted off the coast!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ls6c0o0mu6bwkx/Proteus Submarine.zip?dl=0

For fun!

And no, I have not gotten her to shrink .....YET!😆

Enjoy!

Screen-220814-090552.png

Screen-220814-090636.png

UN-armed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Not sure if its possible, but is there a line in the lua file to get the subs to surface properly? I tested most of them and they dive great but on surfacing, they do not return to the level they were at and so there is no Wake from bow or stern.

Cheers

4 hours ago, tmansteve said:

Not sure if its possible, but is there a line in the lua file to get the subs to surface properly? I tested most of them and they dive great but on surfacing, they do not return to the level they were at and so there is no Wake from bow or stern.

Aloha,

Apparently it is a limitation of DCS that makes the wake not reappear when the submarine surfaces...

It is the GT.baseSubmersion parameter that allows to adjust the waterline:

GT.baseSubmersion    = -2.5  Added by Marroux : line to adjust the waterline of the submarine on the water : positive it sinks, negative it rises // Ajout Marroux : ligne pour regler la ligne de flottaison du sous-marin sur l'eau  : positif il s'enfonce, négatif il remonte

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lazy-1962 said:

Hi. Does anyone have a fix for Typhon props rotation? Thnks.

the typhoon props look ok, do you mean the Kursk? That one requires a change to the base model by the author (missing prop animation)

Edited by prccowboy

• 2 weeks later...

This is a older mod.

Change the prop arg to 8.

This is what he used originally.

I may have not up-dated the model.

see this code section

GT.animation_arguments = {
    nav_lights       = 69,
    radar1_rotation  = -1,
    radar2_rotation  = -1,
    radar3_rotation  = -1,
    flag_animation   = -1,
    water_propeller  = 8,
    locator_rotation = 1,
    periscope        = 14,

}

Let me know if this fixes it!

Cheers!

He may also have used arg 32, or 18 for the periscope.

Been  too busy to play much lately.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I have re-done the edm.

Change log,

Fixed prop animation.

Now uses arg 65

Added six torp connectors

Added six Missile connectors.

Added collision shell and code.

Removed door animation for now to speed the up-date.

(eye candy only but it does look cool!)

Take the below file, un-zip and drop the contents  into the root mod folder.

Allow overwrite.

I have used new names for this mod so you may either remove the other files, or add the entries back into the entry lua.

As you see, She has become very deadly!

Screen-220902-190553.png

Not fully tested.

Report issues here.

And Happy Labor Day!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/62melkhw4cmgp8k/ssgn_kursk update 9.2.zip?dl=0

• Thanks 1

Aloha,

To add in the file ssgn_kursk.lua for the realism of the wake during the dive :

-- Configuration du sillage - modifications by Marroux
-- {depth, fx_dx, fx_len, fx_width)
                -- Depth : profondeur à laquelle s'appliquent les caracteristiques du sillage
                -- fx_dx : distance from stern to stern fx position / distance de la poupe à la poupe position fx
                -- fx_len : distance from bow to stern fx /  distance de la proue à la poupe fx
                -- fx_width : largeur de la trainée à l'arrière du sous-marin    
                -- les profondeurs sont en mètre : 1 pied = 0.305 m  /   1m = 3.28 pied
GT.sternEffectDX =
{
    {0.0, 8.0, 40, 15},  
    {0.0, 8.0, 40, 15},     
    {5.5, -27.0, 40.0, 10.0},  
    {7.0, -27.0, 40.2, 1.0},  
    {9.0, -27.0, 40.2, 1}      
}

Edited by Marroux
  • Like 1

-- Configuration du sillage - modifications by Marroux
-- {depth, fx_dx, fx_len, fx_width)
                -- Depth : profondeur à laquelle s'appliquent les caracteristiques du sillage
                -- fx_dx : distance from stern to stern fx position / distance de la poupe à la poupe position fx
                -- fx_len : distance from bow to stern fx /  distance de la proue à la poupe fx
                -- fx_width : largeur de la trainée à l'arrière du sous-marin    
                -- les profondeurs sont en mètre : 1 pied = 0.305 m  /   1m = 3.28 pied

Merci!

See how she looks now!

With anti ship weapons!

Use the file below.

Includes all the above. Cheers!

Screen-220910-063853.png

Screen-220910-063856.png

ssgn_kursk.rar

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the report!

I have a new model in progress.

And, I hear a rumor that Currenthill may be planning one for his  mod pack.

Stay tuned, almost ready.

@Чарик80

I can ask Mario if he will do this.

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First post up-dated!

• Thanks 1

First Post Up-dated

British T-class submarine