Modern Submarine Pack

Hawkeye60

2 hours ago, toan said:

By the way, the K-278 Komsomolets sub seems to me a bit too low when on the water surface, something like 6 ft too low... Am I correct ?

Aloha,

try this in the lua :

GT.baseSubmersion    = -3.0  --Ajout Marroux : ligne pour regler la ligne de flottaison du sous-marin sur l'eau  : positif il s'enfonce, négatif il remonte

Thanks Marroux, I'll try that 😉 Edit : doesn't seem to work for me, sadly.... 🙁

To Hawkeye : all the US SSN class subs (Dallas, Texas, North Dakota...) seem to have have their torpedoes appear out of their tubes ... Not very visible because they are under the water, but can be seen from above the sub... 🤔

There is an patch given recently by Admiral concerning the Harpoons to make them not visible, but I don't know of the corresponding one for the torpedoes. Any help is appreciated 😉

Edited by toan

14 hours ago, toan said:

To Hawkeye : all the US SSN class subs (Dallas, Texas, North Dakota...) seem to have have their torpedoes appear out of their tubes ... Not very visible because they are under the water, but can be seen from above the sub..

Aloha toan,

Utilise les fichiers lua que j'ai postés plus haut, ce genre de problème est réglé ,Admiral a donné l'astuce :

Use the lua files I posted above, this kind of problem is solved, Admiral gave the tip:

GT.WS[ws].LN[1].show_external_missile = false     -- --Ajout Marroux : pour masquer les missiles ou les torpilles inopinés

• Thanks 1

Thanks Hawkeye, thanks Marroux, and thanks Admiral, all works fine for me now concerning the missiles and torpedoes that were visible, and the height of the subs on the water 😉 superb work, many thanks 👏

I'm lost.  Is Modern Submarine Pack V 2.8.2 the latest or are there now patches like Luas I need to add to it?

Do not worry. The guys are assisting with the wakes and sub code.

I am taking all the files and adding them to the main mod.

I was going to release a up-dated version, but after discovering how to make all the weapon code co-exist with the new torp code,

I have decided to add other weapons.

This needs to be done in Max.

So it is taking longer than usual.

To use all the files now, download all the added files posted in this thread, and copy them to the corresponding mod.

Allow overwrite.

The wake lod files are added to the shapes folders..

The rest are either complete lua files, or snippets to add via edits.

If confused as hell now....LOL just wait a bit.

I need to finish the PT boat mod first.

If anyone else wishes to post a complete mod with all the fixes, Please do!

This is beginning to look like a community mod and all should get credit for the work they contribute.

I will recognize them in the next "official" release.

I am personalty thrilled to get both torps, and missiles/guns working together again!

To all that helped, Merci!

Much appreciated.

Cheers!

• Thanks 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hi Hawkeye, are the upcoming PT boats from the Fairmile class MGB that used to exist as a DCS Mod ? Do you have any preview ? 😉 Would be nice to see them sailing again 😀

Edited by toan

Hi Hawkeye, are the upcoming PT boats from the Fairmile class MGB that used to exist as a DCS Mod ? Do you have any preview ?

As a matter of fact, YES!

And much more!

To tease.....

Swift boats!

Screen-220710-071740.png

Fairmile class

Screen-220710-071821.png

• Like 3

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Very good news ! 😀 Thanks 😉

Besides, I noticed that the propellers of the Kursk don't rotate, although they have the same parameters in the sub LUA file as the Typhoon, for which they do. Any clue ? Thanks 😉

Nice to watch the North Dakota periscope being raised above the water, when the sub dived 40 ft, and retracted when surfaced again 😀 Excellent 👏

Below : a totally unrealistic variety of Close Encounter of the Third Kind : the D650 Aquitaine frigate and the Typhoon sub..... 🙂

Screen_220707.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any chance of a Oberon Class in the future?  The Oberon class was a ship class of 27 British-designed submarines operated by five different nations. Also they share the same dimensions as the Porpoise class (8 built), According to Wikipedia.

That being said, I do love finding the surprisingly frequent, mystery, Hawkeye60 mod drops.

• Like 1

I think the subs are great. Shame they wont turn with added waypoints. And one of the subs has lost all its textures but I will look into that. My only problem is that when I have added a sub to my mission, I cannot end the mission and have to stop dcs through windows manager. Is this because I am using the stable version?

I do have a up-date planned for this mod.

I will be sure to re-test each one to be sure all work as intended.

I also want to add tomahawks and other anti ship weapons.

And the WWII pack still needs finishing.

And....I have a few more additions!

The Oberon Class included!

But all takes time, and the heat wave has finally broken here.

I am going bike riding!

A new up date will be posted soon

FYI, The most recent stable should now include the New map, and assets.

They are needed for the subs to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After doing a repair of DCS. Just performed a test with all subs and noticed that these subs have their missiles hovering above them :- USS Dallas, USS Pheonix, SSK Agosta, HMS Vanguard, Los Angeles Class, also Jang Bogo had a missile through the hull. With these as well, I experienced DCS not responding and had to reboot.

All the others worked fine. There was also Typhoon.lods.ship_wake file not in the shapes folder, is this correct?

1 hour ago, tmansteve said:

After doing a repair of DCS. Just performed a test with all subs and noticed that these subs have their missiles hovering above them :- USS Dallas, USS Pheonix, SSK Agosta, HMS Vanguard, Los Angeles Class, also Jang Bogo had a missile through the hull. With these as well, I experienced DCS not responding and had to reboot.

All the others worked fine. There was also Typhoon.lods.ship_wake file not in the shapes folder, is this correct?

Somwhere in the forum I have seen the solution for hovering harpoons in modded ships.

Probably in ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

First post up-dated!

New additions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Extract from a previous post in relation to HMS Vanguard - its the same problem :

There are 2 harpoons standing about 8ft above the rear deck - that can be fixed easily by changing these 2 lines:

GT.WS[ws].pos = {-23.594, -7.002, 2.54}

GT.WS[ws].pos = {-15.594, -7.002,-2.54}

Identify the line for the weapon, first number is position forward or back, 2nd is up or down, 3rd left or right. 

Edited by crazyeddie

Yes, you need to work out which weapons are sticking up (or out in front) and that can take time if there are many weapons in the lua, but once you id the offending ones either drag them back inside the bow (first number) or drop them down below the top of the hull (second number).   It can help id them by looking at where they are in relation to the centre line of the submarine, see the example above, top one is to one side of the centre line and the next one is offset to the other side.   Each of those 2 lines represents a different weapon.

If you know how to use ModelViewer drop the edm into that and you can id the weapons positions by activating the connectors option, that can make finding the offending silo a bit easier.  Unfortunately ModelViewer does not show the offending weapons outside the hull, you only see that in game, so you  may have to make a bit of a guess which is which and try to find the related line in the lua.  Its the only way I found to do it. 

Hope that helps.

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Thanks 1