Alejo68
Go to solution Solved by Sinclair_76,

Hi all.

As the title says, I just cannot make the ILS get to work in a TCN ILS/LOC app in NTTR map (this happened with Nellis and McCarran airports)

I have In DED

SEQ TCN in T/R, BCN correct (LSV), TCN channel works fine (12X for Nellis AFB, also I get the audio signal from the audio panel)

ILS is showing ON, have CMD STRG indication, frequency is correct (109,1 for Nellis), and approach course correctly set (209)

In HSD PLS/TCN is set, and DME shows below 20 nm distance.

Problem is in ADI I get both red flags in the flight director and ILS just wont work.

Am I forgetting to connect something or is this a bug? I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks in advance,

Alejo

Edited by Alejo68
  • Thanks 1

Cannot confirm, I just flew the LOC/DME X 21L into Nellis with a transition to ILS at 7.2 DME, and everything worked as expected.

Did you have that problem in singleplayer or on a multiplayer map?
I remember ILS 08 not working in Kobuleti on the Caucasus map in some multiplayer missions despite 08 being the active runway assigned by the AI ATC.

Listen for the localizer id tones to confirm operation. When the system picks a runway it only runs ILS gear for that runway. If the runway only has gear for one direction and the system picks the opposite direction then no gear will operate.