Game settings for graphics card and in game, correct me if in wrong forum.

So I have been playing wit the settings in game and in the NIVIDIA control panel for about 4 hours straight now and on most settings I can see no difference. Granted my flight was limited to by keyboard since I am replacing my flight stick already and haven't learnt my first module yet 🥴

All three of my custom in game presets use this as a base in NVIDIA control panel off what I gathered from some online searches. (some buttons appear washed out as I am using a HDR 1400 monitor)

1 2

These where tested by a keyboard free flight of the F-14B over the caucuses 

Custom set 1  nets me about 102-105 in cockpit and 115-121fps in F2 view

cust 1

Custom 2 nets me 133-138 roughly on the interior and 175-180 exterior F2 view

cust 2

And finally custom 3 gets me about 75-83 interior and 84-87 exterior F2 view

cust 3

So my question is what should I prioritize for those who play this a lot. I wanna get into it very heavily and have been getting my PC and controls all set up first and getting reference books and materials. Heck I got this PC just for this game and went overboard and got all the modules, campaigns etc that Steam had minus the Christian Eagle II, Mosquitto and 1 campaign since they weren't on sale (I have been buying a lot lately but started end of last year getting stuff) Should I prioritize the looks and just run whatever fps I get or if I start to dive into MP play should FPS be King? I look forward to learning and sharing the sky's online with you guys.

EDIT SORRY ONE SEC CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO PUT IMAGES

Edited by Sorata

7 hours ago, HordyH said:

I don’t understand the problem?

dcs is not counterstrike you dont need as much fps as possible! If it looks smooth its all fine.

That's what I was curious about. In most games with MP the FPS makes a difference almost to an unwinnable degree if your FPS is too low you simply dont hit the enemy. Since DCS is much more complex with its radar systems, weapons guidance etc I was curious if the FPS could affect those systems and if say I was running 30 fps vs someone at 144 locked then would it give them an advantage, would their weapons work better and track better etc. Guess I should have worded it better. But I an inferring from you that it doesn't matter.

I know connection speeds will matter though and I have the fastest package available where I live which is only 100MB. Luckily they are installing new lines and a 2GB package will be available in October.

10 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

You should prioritize flying really..

NVCP effects are mostly mild both in effect and impact. Use it for fine tuning if you need to, but just start on default.  

Haven't had enough uninterrupted time too but I will soon.

I was a LEO investigator (worked ungodly hours, too much for just two people to do without backing) and have finally left that job I am transitioning in a new job (working for a Nuclear Power facility) that will give me about 14 days off a month to do as I wish once I'm out of my several months long training which will be ending in August. Then I can finally set down and play uninterrupted and everything will be set up by then how I want it.

I will give default a try, thanks. I had seen a lot of post suggesting changes since 2.7 seems to have tanked a lot of people FPS and suggesting those as a baseline hence why I used them. I know NVCP is pretty much needed for games like Elden Ring to run at even 60 FPS locked without hiccups and makes a huge difference in it to the point its pretty much required if you have a 30 series card or a newer Alder Lake system due to bad optimization. 

Thank you for the advice.

EDIT: Went to default settings in NVCP only got 3-4 fps more than what I had. Your right in this game its effect are almost nonexistent.

Also forgot to mention I'm on Studio drivers not the regular graphics driver for a NVIDIA due to update 516.40 causing RE VIllage to crash. I haven't switched back to the regular drivers yet.

Edited by Sorata

On 7/3/2022 at 12:28 AM, Sorata said:

Should I prioritize the looks and just run whatever fps I get or if I start to dive into MP play should FPS be King?

This is really all a matter of personal taste.   I mean yes, higher framerates and refresh rates result in smoother gameplay.  Some don't notice it.  Me I notice the difference between 60fps at 60Hz vs 75FPS @ 75Hz.   My latest monitor purchase gives me 165Hz jumping up from 100Hz and for games that I play with a monitor, the result is a more fluid game both visually, and in response to inputs.    But, DCS World is not a first person shooter where once you've reached a certain skill cap the only way to improve is through decreasing your response time through high fps gameplay.  Even in that case, I used to put kids to shame on 60Hz screens.  If you have time to react to a missle flying at you,  the visual fluidity and quicker input response times aren't going to be what decides whether or not you survive the encounter.    You've got a much higher learning curve ahead of you and dying is all part of the learning experience.  

So, aim for the best visual quality you can achieve while offering gameplay that is smooth enough for you to enjoy it.  

Myself, I fly in VR and have to live with quite a few compromises in image quality to make that work, but it's awesome. 

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.