MR Sam, LR Sam ...

ebabil

Is there a list for all Sam threats for cpg to choose? And what are these letters for? 

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Medium Range and Long Range SAM.
Did not really care too much about what exactly goes in the specific categories and where you would draw the line between those two.
I think an SA-15 is an example for a MR SAM and an SA-11 and 10 are good examples for LR SAM.
SR SAM is typically something that uses heatseaking missiles like an SA-13.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 12:47 PM, FalcoGer said:

As a human it's not too hard to identify targets visually. I wish george would be more specific in his list. A tor is a different beast from an SA8 or tunguska, which you can just about outrange, but all of them are MR sams.

They’re working on the ai IFF feature. Should be soonTM.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

"A complete list can be found on the TSD Abbreviation (ABR) page or in Appendix B of this manual." pg.191.  Appendix B is pg.347

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

On 7/9/2022 at 6:53 AM, StrongHarm said:

"A complete list can be found on the TSD Abbreviation (ABR) page or in Appendix B of this manual." pg.191.  Appendix B is pg.347

I think you're confusing something. The abbreviations list is for the ident on the TSD points. We're talking about the george target selection.

"And what are these letters for"  TSD ABR page lists letters and names.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• 3 weeks later...

Hello old Buddy, If you go to the download page on the main DCS page for the AH-64, I think is either utilitys or Mods and find the page on Abr and down loaded and see. Is like AG is general airport and so on.

By the way i quit playing the Fps hog AH-64h, And went back to my A-10c where i get 32 to 35 fps with steam vr on auto DCS vr on 2.4 pitool on 2 like you said, MSAA on 2 no grass and no details but, Shadows on high so my cock pit looks ok.

Howdy xmudroller!  Thanks for the info. 

I've been running Apache (even in Syria) with DCS MSAA off and PD down to 1, Pitool at 1 quality, and SteamVR quality slider down to 100%.  Due to optimizations in DCS patches (and the incredible res of Pimax), with these settings I'm getting no less than 60fps but up to 114fps, and I can still read the gauges without leaning in.  I've also started closing all apps, pausing my anti-virus, and cleaning my memory up with an app called " Intelligent standby list cleaner" before I load DCS.  I've noticed some wackiness with clouds, but I'm sure that will be addressed for VR at some point.  Godspeed.

Edited by StrongHarm