Modernize UH-1H to UH-1N Twin.

DmitriKozlowsky

Modernize UH-1H to UH-1N Twin.

Would it be too much of a stretch to consider that ED would not have to too much re-coding to create UH-1N module by starting with current UH-1H? There were two varieties of UH-1N. With Stability Control Augmentation System, and without SCAS. SCAS equipped UH-1N did away with stabilizer bar, but otherwise rotor system remained Bell semi-rigid. DCS players are likely to be just as happy with non-SCAS equipped UH-1N. Biggest difference is that UH-1N got two engines. So dual fuel systems, and engine power quadrants to supplement collective twist grip throttle.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, AlphaOneSix said:

Well, no power quadrants, but the twist grip is split into two so one twist grip for each engine.

Right. 

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=RIQzITsF&id=2A315019DAEA58DCA45609A723F4380CC4CD3EEA&thid=OIP.RIQzITsFny0JJ67QrM3LmwHaFj&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fth.bing.com%2fth%2fid%2fR.448433213b059f2d0927aed0accdcb9b%3frik%3d6j7NxAw49COnCQ%26riu%3dhttp%3a%2f%2flh6.ggpht.com%2f_4xLi6KmWWQA%2fTHmDTBnkwRI%2fAAAAAAAABo4%2fqlzLmZjQJnQ%2fs800%2fHH-1N%2b158551%2bcockpit%2b(2).JPG%26ehk%3dXbwr7%2b5jJ%2ff599ybYqbmxCo8k9bZJAgCz17vscUy5qY%3d%26risl%3d%26pid%3dImgRaw%26r%3d0&exph=600&expw=800&q=UH-1N+Instrument+panel&simid=608031639947063215&FORM=IRPRST&ck=E1986E0703586E3C18BC85695B9896A4&selectedIndex=11&ajaxhist=0&ajaxserp=0

Otherwise it looks very similar to 1H.

I am curious if the Twin engines are derated or power is limited by governors so that each engine lasts longer and has higher time between overhauls. Full power on each plant would be provided when one engine fails, hot'n'high operation, near max GW.

On 7/4/2022 at 11:45 AM, ANDR0ID said:

Would be great to see a UH-1N or even a UH1Y Venom. As a upgrade pack like Black Shark 2, etc. might be reasonable? 

UH-1Y Venom would be welcome but , I fear, is a bridge too far. Venom has lengthened fuselage, larger interior, completely different rotor system,powerplant, gearbox, and avionics. It only superficially resembles UH-1. Its a very modern maritime and amphibious assault helicopter.

• Like 1

To be honest i would love to see a modern utility helicopter coming to DCS. But I don´t think that our UH 1H can be upgraded to UH1 N. A good compromise in my eyes, would be to make a optional upgrade to the cockpit of the UH-1H. I mainly would love to see a MFD and a keyboard unit added to the cockpit. It would be totally fine if those could only show navigation and radio pages. I think this would be a good compromise and far more realistic then a upgrade to the UH 1 N.

Edited by Toaster003

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Toaster003:

make a optional upgrade to the cockpit of the UH-1H. I mainly would love to see a MFD and a keyboard unit added to the cockpit. It would be totally fine if those could only show navigation and radio pages.

That description sounds 100% like the NS 430.

Regarding the upgrade, I'd love to see the Venom in DCS, but agree that any upgrade would mean a new module anyways - and having another modern medium sized utility heli like the H145M would be awesome too.

On 7/7/2022 at 11:53 AM, Toaster003 said:

To be honest i would love to see a modern utility helicopter coming to DCS. But I don´t think that our UH 1H can be upgraded to UH1 N. A good compromise in my eyes, would be to make a optional upgrade to the cockpit of the UH-1H. I mainly would love to see a MFD and a keyboard unit added to the cockpit. It would be totally fine if those could only show navigation and radio pages. I think this would be a good compromise and far more realistic then a upgrade to the UH 1 N.

Just add ED: Garmin 430 module. 

• 5 months later...

The Huey is a Cold War era Aircraft and I hope it will stay that way. They can make a new Modern day Bell if that stuff is needed. Lol I want my Vietnam era Huey Bug fixed but not updated to new avionics. I think I would Cry you know like a BIG OLD BABY if they do that. ED call the Wambulance I think I have lost it again. lol

Edited by DishDoggie
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, DishDoggie said:

The Huey is a Cold War era Aircraft and I hope it will stay that way. They can make a new Modern day Bell if that stuff is needed. Lol I want my Vietnam era Huey Bug fixed but not updated to new avionics. I think I would Cry you know like a BIG OLD BABY if they do that. ED call the Wambulance I think I have lost it again. lol

FWIW, UH-1N served in Vietnam. It was just the twin engine version that the marines wanted. Obviously, as with AH-1W, there is a broad spread of capabilities and upgrades.

For example, both of these are UH1N cockpits, but one is obviously more modern than the other:

1920px-Navy-hh1n-158256-070327-15.jpg

Kittyhawk%2BUH-1N%2B48th%2Bscale%2B%2B%2

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• 3 weeks later...

UH-1N would be great as it was used by the USMC, USN, USAF and many foreign air forces in its slightly later form as the Bell 212. Modernized UH-1N's in Marine Corps service had a number of improvements with a FLIR turret added under the nose, MWS, RWR and upgraded cockpit avionics. The basic Twin Huey was first delivered in 1970 and is still in use today. I'd prefer a UH-1N over the Y because it is useful in many more historical settings from Vietnam to the late Cold War and GWOT... and I mostly prefer planes and helo's that don't have computer assisted training wheels.

• Like 2

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• 7 months later...

+1 FOR the  uh-1n, It was used by all branches except for the Army and has had a longer military career history when compared to the D or H models. Afterall the Venom while very different is just an N model at its core as well. I always did like the camo schemes used on the spec ops UH-1N USAF variants.

uh-1n-helicopter-hr-2388186139.jpg

h1n_usaf654-1116114610.jpg

• 2 months later...

yes id be very happy for a late 90s Or preferably even 2000s era Uh1N. it be much more in place and survivable to a Uh1H in modern conventional scenarios due to have a modern protective suite ( rwr, IR missile warning, Laser warning. , and counter measure suite with semi and auto dispense modes) , plus with a GPS aided navigation ( via CDU's even if no fancy MM). SCAS is also a welcome feature. Ideal to a Uh1N that has has both SCAS and modern protective suite. AN/AVS 7 helmet hud is also pretty nice.

Granted still being  just a  cold war family of Huey its still going to be lackluster for any Utility role,  like the UH1H currently is relative to the Mi8.  To haul any meaningful wieght of  cargo or troop count team blue needs a Uh60 black hawk for an actual medium lift class helo  The heavy lift stuff will of course be covered by the WIP CH47F.

Edit: 

To clarify ID prefer Uh1N to be its own module rather then just replace the Uh1H. It would be a disservice to existing UH1H module owners, to have their Uh1H cease to exist, or for future people to not have the option to fly that. Perhaps a 2 pack as an option?

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 2 months later...

No way, please. UH-1H forever. No modern stuff or only as a choice.

• Like 2

Huey in the air, Spitfire in the hangar 🙂

The last version of OpenBeta (all terrains)

MFG Crosswind V2; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...

it would be very cool to have both the UH-1H and a UH-1N or other huey versions but at the moment i'd much rather see a UH-1H module overhaul before adding more variants into the mix

• Like 5

el articulo 140 de la constitucion

16 hours ago, snocc_ said:

it would be very cool to have both the UH-1H and a UH-1N or other huey versions but at the moment i'd much rather see a UH-1H module overhaul before adding more variants into the mix

Exactly , we’ll put, sir. I like what we have with newest appearance we see in other newer models. And I would like a more powerful newer variant after that. 

• Like 2