Mission 10 Bug on Start? AI Tomcats don't start up and move.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong as I didn't have this issue with any of the previous 9 missions. However, for Mission 10, I start up in a cold Hornet sitting behind 2 Tomcats. I go through the motions of starting up my jet. Shortly after, the radio checks begin with all of the mission aircraft checking in, including myself. A helicopter launches off the bow of the ship. So far so good...

Then I see 2 Hornets from the stern of the ship start taxing up towards CAT 1 and 2. However, the 2 Tomcats haven't budged (external view shows no pilots in them so they're just cold and dark). The 2 Hornets keep slowly edging up and up and up until the nose is basically into the side of the Tomcat. Still no movement. Then I get the screen telling me to taxi to CAT 2, except I can't go anywhere because there is a traffic jam of Hornets and Tomcats in front of me. 

I've sped up time rate quite a bit to see if anything happens but no, the Tomcats never move, thus preventing the mission from every starting. Ended up having to skip it. 😞

What am I doing wrong or is this a bug of some sort? Anyone else have this issue?

On 6/28/2022 at 10:16 AM, baltic_dragon said:

Guys,

I thought I'd gather in one place all the relevant information as to the current state of the RO:DF campaign, known bugs and possible workarounds. 

Valid for version: OB 2.7.15.26783

RAVEN SKINS BUG

Due to a technical error, the Ravens skins do not display correctly in the campaign. To fix the issue:

1. Copy the liveries folder from the Raven One Dominant Fury Campaign folder as shown above.
2. Paste the liveries folder into C:\Users\*your username*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries (or C:\Users\*your username*\Saved Games\DCS if you don't have a liveries folder in there already).
3. All of the liveries (except the F18 Hornet liveries) should work fine now.
4. Open the FA-18C Folder, inside of it, you should see a folder named Raven One Dominant Fury.
5. Copy all of the Liveries inside C:\Users\*your username*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet\Raven One Dominant Fury
6. Paste all of the copied files directly into C:\Users\*your username*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet. 

MISSION 10 workaround

In current version of M10, the F-14s do not move thus blocking other flights. Please download this version of the mission and replace it in your campaign folder in order to be able to continue. 

MISSION 6 problem (no comms after dropping bombs)

During startup, player can get damaged by the adjacent F14 unfolding its wings. This is a DCS thing with the Tomcats and player's aircraft is set to invincible - however, the immortality does not work when the wheel chocks are on. Therefore make sure to remove the wheel chocks before the 5th minute of the mission. This is out of my hands and we need to wait for a fix.

After the attack there are no more comms in M06. This is linked to DCS bug with AI Tomcats refusing to drop guided bombs (already reported to ED). Since half of the package do not drop, some of the triggers are not fired. This is out of my hands and we need to wait for a fix, although the mission can still be completed. 

MISSION 12 problem (no comms after main package attacks)

This is the same reason as for M06, where AI Tomcats instead of dropping their GBU-24s just turn around and fly home. Again, This is out of my hands and we need to wait for a fix from ED. Needles to say, F-14s behaved normally in last tests just before the release.

I will be updating this thread as things change. Apologies for the problems and thanks for your understanding.  

image.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3820 32GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB TM Warthog Flight Controller & Pedals Odyssey+ WMR Headset TrackIR5 Win10

16 hours ago, Quae Tinnungulus said:

Thank you!

Dumb question but anyone know where I need to save the new updated mission 10 file? I don't see it in my DCS Campaigns folder. I only see the campaigns that I downloaded myself from the user files. Not sure where the "built in" or downloaded campaigns are stored from Steam.

Edited by MSMStannyl

On 7/5/2022 at 4:10 AM, MSMStannyl said:

Thank you!

Dumb question but anyone know where I need to save the new updated mission 10 file? I don't see it in my DCS Campaigns folder. I only see the campaigns that I downloaded myself from the user files. Not sure where the "built in" or downloaded campaigns are stored from Steam.

The ED bought campaigns are not in your save game folder but in your DCS games files folder instead under /mods/campaigns.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1