What is the module Aerges should, in your opinion, develop after or while finishing the Mirage F-1CE, BE, EE, M?

Leviathan667

Next Aerges module (wishlist)  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What is the module Aerges should, in your opinion, develop after or while finishing the Mirage F-1CE, BE, EE, M?

• Lockheed F-104C
    • Dassault Mirage III EE
    • McDonnel Douglas F-4C
    • Trainer airplane (T-35 Pillán or Pilatus PC-21 or Lockheed T-33 or North American T-6)
    • Civil war airplane on the side of the Republicans (e.g. Potez 540 or Polikarpov I-15 or 16)
    • Civil war airplane on the side of the Republicans (e.g. Fiat CR. 32 or Heinkel He 51 or He 111)
    • Cold war era/Present era Western Mediterranean map

I am only considering aircraft operated by the Spanish air force that have not been developed or are not under active development by Aerges or another third party.

NB: I did consider the fact that :

Razbam is considering making either a Dagger/Nesher or a Mirage III E but they are not actively developing a Mirage III E module as of this moment.

Heatblur is making a F-4 module. For the air force, they are making the E version. Their intent is to make a Navy and Marine corps variant. Therefore, we should not expect a C version for the air force unlike the one that has seen service in Spain.

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

Assuming Spanish-only aircraft, either a Mirage 3 or F-104G (Spain didn't fly the C). I have a slight preference towards the Mirage purely because if we're doing only Spanish-specific variants then the F-104 wouldn't get much, seeing as Canada, Italy and Germany to name a few all invested more in their Starfighter fleets than Spain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leviathan667 said:

I am only considering aircraft operated by the Spanish air force that have not been developed or are not under active development by Aerges or another third party.

NB: I did consider the fact that :

Razbam is considering making either a Dagger/Nesher or a Mirage III E but they are not actively developing a Mirage III E module as of this moment.

Heatblur is making a F-4 module. For the air force, they are making the E version. Their intent is to make a Navy and Marine corps variant. Therefore, we should not expect a C version for the air force unlike the one that has seen service in Spain.

They are actively making a IIIEA with a IIIE to follow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TLTeo said:

Assuming Spanish-only aircraft, either a Mirage 3 or F-104G (Spain didn't fly the C)

I'd love to have an F-104G 🙏 .. even if it is not a dogfighter like many DCS users prefer.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Just now, Rudel_chw said:

I'd love to have an F-104G 🙏 .. even if it is not a dogfighter like many DCS users prefer.

Dogfighting is over rated anyway. And I think it may actually be better than what people think in a 3rd gen rate fight.

• Like 1

considering the 3E is already covered by RAZBAM, thats an easy pick with the F-104G.
But to be honest my opinion is not in the selection we have here. I want Aerges to expand their F1 fleet to include F1s like the EQs and CT/CRs
They have also expressed interest in this idea and I think it is a great one.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Jaguar 

Is the correct answer.

• Like 5

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

I think their next project should be DCS: TAB*.

This should feature SSTWF/F** and AFDCSFF(ANNIAM)*** plus a prospective GOAETS**** implementation.

*Take A Break

** Spending Time With Friends/Family

***Actually Fly DCS For Fun (And Not Necessarily In A Mirage)

****Go Outside And Enjoy The Sunshine

Edited by DD_Fenrir
  • Like 12

I think in ten years from now, after F1M plus unannounced CR/CT/CZ/iraqi tanker/IAI overhaul never built project, and all the stuff had been released, they should focus on the Haunebu with special care in modelling the time travelling bell and it's FM (TM I guess) properly and only and strictly following the published charts as per usual.

• Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

That would be my choice as well. It served with the French from 1978 to 2016, covering both major modern timeframes in DCS, and it had fought in Falklands. I have no idea if it got any major upgrades during that time, but either way, that's quite an impressive record. The Étendard IVM seems like a cool choice, as well, though not quite as enduring as the Super version. Possibly both could be made, the cockpit is very different, but I don't know if functionality is, or if it's just things moved around.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

That would be my choice as well. It served with the French from 1978 to 2016, covering both major modern timeframes in DCS, and it had fought in Falklands. I have no idea if it got any major upgrades during that time, but either way, that's quite an impressive record. The Étendard IVM seems like a cool choice, as well, though not quite as enduring as the Super version. Possibly both could be made, the cockpit is very different, but I don't know if functionality is, or if it's just things moved around.

The OP assumes Aerges has access to some aircraft that served for the Spanish Air Force. If the Super Etendard didn't serve in the spanish AF or Navy, they won't have access to the Super E, or SMEs to make it look and feel like the real thing in DCS.

I am all for a Super E done properly by someone with proper access to the aircraft, SMEs, and hopefully a carrier to go with it (Foch maybe, or CDG, definitely the ARA Veinticinquo de Mayo for the SA map) - I am just not sure if that would be Aerges. There was a modernisation of the SE (SEM, where M stands for "Modernisé") however by 2016 that aircraft was still heavily outclassed by modern peers. Similar to the 2000C that was just retired from the French AF, those are fine for patrol and air police missions in peacetime, but shouldn't be engaged in any military operation (except if the enemy has no air and anti-air capability).

Funny enough, even if I'm a sucker for new modules, I did not find a single credible choice there for me in this survey ; 104 has no appeal to me, IIIE is already "planned" by Razbam, and Phantom by Heatblur. I'm honestly just super excited for the F1 and hope they go all the way to the F1M and make a wonderful module. I think that is far enough into the future.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 3

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

I think if they're finished with the current scope, they should use that momentum and think about doing the F1C-200, CR and CT. Or maybe the EQ4, EQ5 and EQ6.

The Shaguar has been thrown into this thread. I wouldn't mind that aircraft either. Or the SuE. But I think the F1 does have a couple of stories left to be told up it's sleeve.

42 minutes ago, Qiou87 said:

Foch maybe

The beauty of the Foch or Clém would be their usability with the upcoming F-8J, which is close enough to the french F-8E(FN).

• Like 3

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

If we're going with only aircraft that served in Spain, another fun option might be a first gen Harrier, since the Spanish flew the AV8S before they got Harrier 2s. I realize Razbam has also called first gen harriers, but to be honest that list is so long it's a bit pointless anyway.

• Like 3

I wouldn't recall, but wasn't Razbam never really settled intention, or good will for the really distant future, for a Mirage III a IIIC model? If we get IIIEE from Aerges after the F1 down the years I don't see a problem with that being them different models. So many years anyway we might get a Mirage III whatever the model from another third party before that 😅.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Out of all of this, definitely the Mirage III. Razbam has an incredible amount of projects to complete before anything can materialize from the rumored old Mirages (or even Harriers), so I'd like to see that the most. As far as I'm aware (and I could be wrong about this) but the Mirage III was still in service in the Spanish Air Force alongside the F1s all the way until the 90s.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2022 at 6:41 PM, Whirley said:

A South African Mirage F1AZ would be nice.

https://www.saairforce.co.za/the-airforce/aircraft/33/mirage-f1az

Personally, I'd prefer an EQ-5/6 which is probably the most historically relevant version and AFAIK the only F1 version actually capable of firing the Exocet. 

EDIT F1 MF2000 ASTRAC can also fire Exocet - thanks Get_Lo

Edited by Northstar98
corrected
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

23 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Personally, I'd prefer an EQ-5/6 which is probably the most historically relevant version and AFAIK the only F1 version actually capable of firing the Exocet. 

MF2000 can

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

It also comes with other goodies, such as buddy refuelling pods, laser-pods, recce and ECM pods, Kh-29L missiles, etc.

The EQ5 and EQ6 would really be awesome "red-air" assets.

• Like 4

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!