What is the module Aerges should, in your opinion, develop after or while finishing the Mirage F-1CE, BE, EE, M?

Leviathan667

Next Aerges module (wishlist)  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What is the module Aerges should, in your opinion, develop after or while finishing the Mirage F-1CE, BE, EE, M?

• Lockheed F-104C
    • Dassault Mirage III EE
    • McDonnel Douglas F-4C
    • Trainer airplane (T-35 Pillán or Pilatus PC-21 or Lockheed T-33 or North American T-6)
    • Civil war airplane on the side of the Republicans (e.g. Potez 540 or Polikarpov I-15 or 16)
    • Civil war airplane on the side of the Republicans (e.g. Fiat CR. 32 or Heinkel He 51 or He 111)
    • Cold war era/Present era Western Mediterranean map

I do hope for a Super étandard, it's a very interesting plane that offers carrier ops, plus it'll fit right at home in the falklands which will give some purpose to the map seeing as we currently have no planes able to simulate that war (apart from the awesome a4 and pucara mods).

• Like 5

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

+1 for F-104.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I know Aerges are a Spanish developer… but have they indicated that they intend to restrict themselves to Spanish built or operated aircraft???

Plenty of other interesting European aircraft to bring into DCS…

They haven't said a thing, but currently the modules they've done are the ones they could find info about, which happen to be ex-Spanish Air Force ones, so their sources might well be related to that. It's not you restrict yourself into anything, it's the info you manage to get. Hope they widen their scoop of course, but currently it makes sense they keep with what they can more or less easily get with regards to info available, hence Mirage IIIEE makes all the sense either.

• Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I voted for an adversary to the i-16 that we have now. A He-111 would be good for an early WW2 theatre as well if it ever comes to be but, another comparable fighter to the i-16 would be ideal I think. Knife fight in a phone booth. Thinking on-line "arena matches". Hehe

An AI He-111 is enough for my purposes; include the opposition co-hort and maybe some ground assets to liven up a map.

Doing some recip props might give the team a chance to do something different and technically easier.

I have a fetish for training planes.

Another map would be cool. Spanish Civil War? Cold war, Gibraltar and east maybe including northern Africa and the Europe?

A F104C and F104G variant would be ok as well. At this point I'm guessing there is enough declassed data on most F104s that they can pick and choose a bunch of variants to widen their product's appeal to more customers.

$0.02

First off, I would say there is a LONG journey ahead with Mirage F1 and Aerges for us all.

While the differences may not be mountaineous, there will still be 3 more variants, and F1M can be argued to be quite a bit work to do due to MFD pages, new HUD, new systems etc.

With that out of the way, what would I like Aerges' next module be? Depends on whether they stick with aircraft that served with Spanish Air Force or not. If that will be the case, while definitely not my favorite oldie jet by any means, I'd love seeing an F-104 regardless, it would further complete the picture of DCS Cold War birds. If, they prove open to making other birds though, I would love a Jaguar or maybe a Mirage V (Mirage III served in Spain, but Razbam seems to be working on one, but then, afaik it's not licensed yet, so we may see Aerges do a Mirage III as well who knows).

However, I will go ahead and say one of the potential scenarious I'd love seeing the most  would be seeing a separate, full price DCS: Mirage F1 Vol 2 from Aerges including some of the cool variants like F1EQ5, F1CT/CR, F1C-200, F1AZ/AD, MF2000 if documents and information about these variants can be found. F1EQ5 or EQ6 would be the peak pre-2000s properly multirole Mirage F1, and also super relevant to some Middle East scenarios, used by both Iraq and nowadays Iran. CT and CR are more or less the peak of Mirage F1 in French service. F1A variants had a way smaller radar in a narrower nose, but instead they had a laser rangefinder under the nose for accurate attacking modes with unguided munitions. They could also carry some guided ones too, but afaik the laser couldn't designate targets for those, so targeting needed to be external if I'm correct. F1CT also had that system I think. Both South African F1AZ and Libyan F1AD has seen some hot moments too, and F1AZ actually took part in air combat against MiG-23s. Overall, the F1A lineage is fairly different compared to C and E line, so would be cool to see represented. MF2000 on the hand may be a bridge too far, it is afaik currently in use by Morocco, and is basically the ultimate evolution of Mirage F1 with RDY radar, MICA missiles, Damocles targeting pods etc. It is basically a modern combat aircraft systems wise, but in an F1 air frame. I think I'd mostly prefer to see EQ5 and CT and/or F1A line.

Another actually Spanish bir could be HA-200/220, similar to C-101EB/CC, a very cool looking trainer/attack aircraft and was designed mostly by Willy Messerschmitt himsel. But while I love oddballs like those, it would be super niche and wouldn't sell that much so I don't think it would be the first choice from Aerges, but then, who knows, they will already have a seller in Mirage F1, and from what I know they are a studio who enjoys making the aircraft they like more than what will sell the best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

45 minutes ago, WinterH said:

First off, I would say there is a LONG journey ahead with Mirage F1 and Aerges for us all.

While the differences may not be mountaineous, there will still be 3 more variants, and F1M can be argued to be quite a bit work to do due to MFD pages, new HUD, new systems etc.

With that out of the way, what would I like Aerges' next module be? Depends on whether they stick with aircraft that served with Spanish Air Force or not. If that will be the case, while definitely not my favorite oldie jet by any means, I'd love seeing an F-104 regardless, it would further complete the picture of DCS Cold War birds. If, they prove open to making other birds though, I would love a Jaguar or maybe a Mirage V (Mirage III served in Spain, but Razbam seems to be working on one, but then, afaik it's not licensed yet, so we may see Aerges do a Mirage III as well who knows).

However, I will go ahead and say one of the potential scenarious I'd love seeing the most  would be seeing a separate, full price DCS: Mirage F1 Vol 2 from Aerges including some of the cool variants like F1EQ5, F1CT/CR, F1C-200, F1AZ/AD, MF2000 if documents and information about these variants can be found. F1EQ5 or EQ6 would be the peak pre-2000s properly multirole Mirage F1, and also super relevant to some Middle East scenarios, used by both Iraq and nowadays Iran. CT and CR are more or less the peak of Mirage F1 in French service. F1A variants had a way smaller radar in a narrower nose, but instead they had a laser rangefinder under the nose for accurate attacking modes with unguided munitions. They could also carry some guided ones too, but afaik the laser couldn't designate targets for those, so targeting needed to be external if I'm correct. F1CT also had that system I think. Both South African F1AZ and Libyan F1AD has seen some hot moments too, and F1AZ actually took part in air combat against MiG-23s. Overall, the F1A lineage is fairly different compared to C and E line, so would be cool to see represented. MF2000 on the hand may be a bridge too far, it is afaik currently in use by Morocco, and is basically the ultimate evolution of Mirage F1 with RDY radar, MICA missiles, Damocles targeting pods etc. It is basically a modern combat aircraft systems wise, but in an F1 air frame. I think I'd mostly prefer to see EQ5 and CT and/or F1A line.

Another actually Spanish bir could be HA-200/220, similar to C-101EB/CC, a very cool looking trainer/attack aircraft and was designed mostly by Willy Messerschmitt himsel. But while I love oddballs like those, it would be super niche and wouldn't sell that much so I don't think it would be the first choice from Aerges, but then, who knows, they will already have a seller in Mirage F1, and from what I know they are a studio who enjoys making the aircraft they like more than what will sell the best.

+100!

Except on the HA-200. There I'd prefer a Fouga Magister or a T-33. Both saw combat and widespread use for a long, long time.

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

9 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Except on the HA-200. There I'd prefer a Fouga Magister or a T-33. Both saw combat and widespread use for a long, long time.

I'm personally "finding an aircraft interesting first, looking at historical and/or potential scenarios second" kinda person regarding aircraft I want to see in DCS but that's just me. Still though, I'd also very much like to see a Magister at some point. The thing is gorgeous, and looks like an absolute hoot to fly 🙂 However, while T-33 is pretty cool, rather than that one I'd like seeing an A-37 Dragonfly, another lil attacker I've always had a soft spot for 🙂

Edited by WinterH
  • Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

20 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

+100!

Ha-200 series also saw some combat in the North African colony, though most combat there fell over Buchones and T-6Ds. Anyhow, perhaps it's a rather slow and limited aircraft aside from the Willy Messerschmitt design anecdote to be interesting enough to the sim community, and since it's probably little known outside Spain I'm not that sure it could be interesting for the devs as a paid module. After all they've to make some profit out of whatever they model, not just for the sake of profit but to keep the team alive till the next module.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

8 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Ha-200 series also saw some combat in the North African colony, though most combat there fell over Buchones and T-6Ds. Anyhow, perhaps it's a rather slow and limited aircraft aside from the Willy Messerschmitt design anecdote to be interesting enough to the sim community, and since it's probably little known outside Spain I'm not that sure it could be interesting for the devs as a paid module. After all they've to make some profit out of whatever they model, not just for the sake of profit but to keep the team alive till the next module.

That's interesting, thanks!

I was mainly thinking "Magister" and "T-33", because everybody and their grandma flew them and they both had (albeit rather limited) an exposure to combat. They'd be nice trainers and very beautiful aircraft to have and fly. The T-33 was even flown by Spain. Another benefit of the T-33 would be a combined package of a P/F-80. The latter would be quite a leap of faith into early CW territory, though.

The question would be: How many more people would be buying another trainer/ light attack aircraft?

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

24 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

How many more people would be buying another trainer/ light attack aircraft?

I'd say a slightly smaller customer base than those originally bought L-39 and C-101, and will buy the MB-339. Most of those who do, do so because they like aircraft in general, and find them cool in their own way. For such people Magister, T-33, T-37/A-37 etc will feel like new cool aircraft to experience in DCS. But, that is almost certainly a small niche within the overall DCS customer pool. For something like HA-200 and 220, it is even more obscure and used by a lot fewer countries, so I can see it selling less. But then, one may say C-101 is mostly that way too. Personally I'd love if we could have a Hawk T1A again, as it is the one with highest performance among that generation of trainer/light attackers, so I'd enjoy trying to even mix it up in it against Korean War birds in some what-if fights, but I'll admit I'm more than likely in the extreme niche side of things there, and DCS: Hawk ship has sailed anyway 😛

In the end though, even I would prefer to see a Mirage F1 Vol 2, or possibly even the F-104 despite it not being an aircraft I like much.

• Like 1

DCS-Dismounts Script

10 minutes ago, WinterH said:

For such people Magister, T-33, T-37/A-37 etc will feel like new cool aircraft to experience in DCS

I'd love to see a T-37 / A-37 .. fun little bird, vietnam era, lots of country users ... but I feel that the sales potential is greater with the F-104G as most people seems to prefer combat aircrafts for DCS.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

In case people don't know what a Magister looks like (same engines as in the Tweet):

It's the "bad dudes" jet in Jadotville. Looks like a jet-glider. Because that's what it was derived from.

So let's just recap:

- F1 vol. 2

- Jaguar and F-104G pretty much even

- another cool and quirky jet-trainer (Tweet / Magister / T-33)

• Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

I'd love to see a T-37 / A-37 .. fun little bird, vietnam era, lots of country users ... but I feel that the sales potential is greater with the F-104G as most people seems to prefer combat aircrafts for DCS.

Combat aircraft in Digital Combat simulator? heavens!

Gotta love the newbies making fun of anything .. I'm amazed that there was no meme 🙄

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

23 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Gotta love the newbies making fun of anything .. I'm amazed that there was no meme 🙄

Ive been playing for 8 years, and I like the A-37 personally but its no wonder to see why people prefer fighter jets generally

1 hour ago, Get_Lo said:

Ive been playing for 8 years, and I like the A-37 personally but its no wonder to see why people prefer fighter jets generally

Still though, I'd sooner take an A-37 than a:
- Eurofighter
- Super Hornet
- Full fidelity F-15C
- Despite being my favorite thing in DCS, a helicopter, AH-1Z
- Bf-109G6, aka ugly duckling of the family, despite being a 109 lover since I was a kid
- Some weirdo jet like F-101
- Or like Yak-38, despite really liking Soviet/Russian aircraft

And even between F-104 and it, it would be a toss up for me. Not saying I'm even remotely in the majority here, but that whole "combat aircraft in DCS!" thing is incredibly narrow really. And funnily A-37 is a combat aircraft after all, even if on miniscule side of it. If that was the whole point of view to drive DCS modules we wouldn't have amazing utility helos, cool aerobatics planes, trainer/light attack birds, and probably not even warbirds.

Edited by WinterH

DCS-Dismounts Script

31 minutes ago, WinterH said:

Still though, I'd sooner take an A-37 than a:
- Eurofighter
- Super Hornet
- Full fidelity F-15C
- Despite being my favorite thing in DCS, a helicopter, AH-1Z
- Bf-109G6, aka ugly duckling of the family, despite being a 109 lover since I was a kid
- Some weirdo jet like F-101
- Or like Yak-38, despite really liking Soviet/Russian aircraft

And even between F-104 and it, it would be a toss up for me. Not saying I'm even remotely in the majority here, but that whole "combat aircraft in DCS!" thing is incredibly narrow really. And funnily A-37 is a combat aircraft after all, even if on miniscule side of it. If that was the whole point of view to drive DCS modules we wouldn't have amazing utility helos, cool aerobatics planes, trainer/light attack birds, and probably not even warbirds.

oh well yeah theres tons of stuff id rather see first, but my pick of this list is the F-104. (but personally I want an F1EQ-6 most of all)

• Like 1

Hi everyone. My favorite era is 1991 and I want that EQ6 🙂

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24P, UH-1H, F-14, F-18C, CA, SC    Terrains: Sinai, Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, 1950s Sinai, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, live/historical weather - Social credit score: -20