What is the module Aerges should, in your opinion, develop after or while finishing the Mirage F-1CE, BE, EE, M?

Leviathan667

Next Aerges module (wishlist)  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What is the module Aerges should, in your opinion, develop after or while finishing the Mirage F-1CE, BE, EE, M?

• Lockheed F-104C
    • Dassault Mirage III EE
    • McDonnel Douglas F-4C
    • Trainer airplane (T-35 Pillán or Pilatus PC-21 or Lockheed T-33 or North American T-6)
    • Civil war airplane on the side of the Republicans (e.g. Potez 540 or Polikarpov I-15 or 16)
    • Civil war airplane on the side of the Republicans (e.g. Fiat CR. 32 or Heinkel He 51 or He 111)
    • Cold war era/Present era Western Mediterranean map

3 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

by your logic isn’t the F1 just another Mirage???

Yes, I'm aware, hence why I've started with "to each their own (biased preferences :D)" 😁

Agree with Raz's plans being some ways off... I am very interested in MiG-23MLA, Mirage III, English Electric Lightning, Pucara, Super Tucano etc, but it looks like anything from Razbam is going to be a while yet in future, what with F-15E releasing, and any remaining bits on existing modules getting ironed out, MiG releasing etc.

Edit: I'd also definitely not say no to Tornado IDS and/or GR1, I prefer other stuff I've listed more myself, but Tornado would be quite cool too, same goes for F-111.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

23 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Maybe this video can show you how it would feel to fly one of those:

😇

That 104 vid whet my appetite…

Is there a thread on the mods page?

Edited by rkk01

3 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

That 104 vid whet my appetite…

Is there a thread on the mods page?

no thread, but you can try the mod yourself if you want: 

https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=eYfkKFik

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

the EF-18

Spanish-EF-18-with-Taurus-top.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

On 7/21/2022 at 10:07 AM, Slice313 said:

Aerges could make a WW2 plane. I vote for the BF109-G6 or an Emil

Those are coming from ED at some given time, by the way.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

9 hours ago, Kev2go said:

the EF-18

😆  But remember it wasn't EF-18M (cockpit picture) all of the time, they were plain A model for many time after they first arrived in 1986, then A+ (alike C, but not completely), then M for Modernised or overhauled (same as F1M) with that fancy super Hornet UFC, but that was only in relatively recent times.

It's curious anyhow, and funny since now we know all that equipment close and personal from DCS, how cockpit is a mixed bag. No IFEI but the old analogue fuel gauge already seen in AV-8B and F-15E, new digital UFC and I believe slightly bigger DDIs and definitely bigger new AMPCD, but some other stuff kept from old A equipment. It's said (I wouldn't know exactly since I haven't flown the real deal) software wise it's now at a super Hornet block 1 level, but in a legacy Hornet airframe. Original radar AN/APG-65 (same as AV-8B+) is also kept despite other upgrades, like new F404 engines which weren't the original ones. Interesting mixed bag, yeah.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

The Super Etendard would seem a compelling choice given the Dassault heritage and the release of the South Atlantic map.

Kfir would be cool too, or a Canberra if I'm going out on a limb.

Edited by Blaze1969
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Some suggestions I could get behind were the T-33, the 104, and F-101. 

But I think the CASA-212 would be a great choice. It’s Spanish built and with the coming dynamic campaign logistics will be important. Gives us a new mission type. And it’s just a cool plane. 

19 hours ago, Blaze1969 said:

The Super Etendard would seem a compelling choice given the Dassault heritage and the release of the South Atlantic map.

Kfir would be cool too, or a Canberra if I'm going out on a limb.

Most certainly, The Super Etendard and even the Kfir would be great to consider. The Kfir fits well into the ME map. If only the Syria Map expanded a scant bit to Israel to include more Israel bases.

Wasn't the Mirage 3 being done by RAZBAM? So...why another?

Edited by jojyrocks
  • Like 1

I think AERGES should consider one of the following:

> Mig-31

> Mig-25 "Foxbat".

> AC-130H Spectre.

> B-17 Flying Fortress, with all auxiliary positions fully detailed, and playable.

> Eurocopter tiger.

> B-52 Stratofortress (strategic bomber). All positions available.

> Bayraktar family of drones. Fully detailed/functional.

Edited by DonPimpón
add extra content.
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 6:18 AM, Ala13_ManOWar said:

😆  But remember it wasn't EF-18M (cockpit picture) all of the time, they were plain A model for many time after they first arrived in 1986, then A+ (alike C, but not completely), then M for Modernised or overhauled (same as F1M) with that fancy super Hornet UFC, but that was only in relatively recent times.

It's curious anyhow, and funny since now we know all that equipment close and personal from DCS, how cockpit is a mixed bag. No IFEI but the old analogue fuel gauge already seen in AV-8B and F-15E, new digital UFC and I believe slightly bigger DDIs and definitely bigger new AMPCD, but some other stuff kept from old A equipment. It's said (I wouldn't know exactly since I haven't flown the real deal) software wise it's now at a super Hornet block 1 level, but in a legacy Hornet airframe. Original radar AN/APG-65 (same as AV-8B+) is also kept despite other upgrades, like new F404 engines which weren't the original ones. Interesting mixed bag, yeah.

I kind of posted it as  joke, knowing that some people would reply " bruh, just fly F/A18C with SAF skin, we want new aircraft not a variation of an existing aircraft " But at the same time since original EF18 is an F/A18A it would give the cold war enthusiasts the early 4th gen version they want for 80s scenarios. 

Honestly im not sure Aerges is willing to simulate a  variation of the Hornet if ED already had developed a USN/usmc F/A18C, though i have to admit if they could get documentation of the EF18M, that would be interesting as its a mix of new and old. The Hornets in SAF service are due to be phased out by 2024, with another contract for additional Eurofighters having been signed to replace them.

https://sofrep.com/news/spain-and-nato-eurofighter-close-2-15-billion-deal-to-purchase-airforce-upgrades/#:~:text=News %2B Intel-,Spain Will Replace F%2FA-18 Hornets with NATO,Eurofighter in %242.15 Billion Deal&text=Spanish Air Force's F-18s,Berlin Airshow by Carlo Mancusi.

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

4 minutes ago, Kev2go said:

I kind of posted it as  joke, knowing that some people would reply " bruh, just fly F/A18C with SAF skin " But at the same time since original EF18 is an F/A18A it would give the cold war enthusiasts the early 4th gen version they want for 80s scenarios. 

Honestly im not sure Aerges is willing to simulate a  variation of the Hornet if ED already had developed a USN/usmc F/A18C, though i have to admit if they could get documentation of the EF18M, that would be interesting as its a mix of new and old The Hornets in SAF service are due to be phased out by 2024, with another contract for additional Eurofighters having been signed to replace them.

https://sofrep.com/news/spain-and-nato-eurofighter-close-2-15-billion-deal-to-purchase-airforce-upgrades/#:~:text=News %2B Intel-,Spain Will Replace F%2FA-18 Hornets with NATO,Eurofighter in %242.15 Billion Deal&text=Spanish Air Force's F-18s,Berlin Airshow by Carlo Mancusi.

Yeah, I guess it was a joke, since it's still in full service and software is locally coded, I doubt Aerges or anyone can get the info at all until after well out of service. Anyhow as you said an A version would be nice though that should be up to ED and their module I suppose.

Be aware anyhow, that article means substituting a batch of second hand Hornets bought well after EF-18A ones in the 90's, which were already badly battered in naval service, and not fully overhauled to M version as the original brand new ones (still using only Fox 1s, for instance). Those, currently based on Canary islands, are going to be replaced with more Eurofighters soon, what article means, but the rest of them based on Peninsular territory won't be ruled out that soon.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 8:07 AM, WinterH said:

I'd say a slightly smaller customer base than those originally bought L-39 and C-101, and will buy the MB-339. Most of those who do, do so because they like aircraft in general, and find them cool in their own way. For such people Magister, T-33, T-37/A-37 etc will feel like new cool aircraft to experience in DCS. But, that is almost certainly a small niche within the overall DCS customer pool. For something like HA-200 and 220, it is even more obscure and used by a lot fewer countries, so I can see it selling less. But then, one may say C-101 is mostly that way too. Personally I'd love if we could have a Hawk T1A again, as it is the one with highest performance among that generation of trainer/light attackers, so I'd enjoy trying to even mix it up in it against Korean War birds in some what-if fights, but I'll admit I'm more than likely in the extreme niche side of things there, and DCS: Hawk ship has sailed anyway 😛

In the end though, even I would prefer to see a Mirage F1 Vol 2, or possibly even the F-104 despite it not being an aircraft I like much.

You might appreciate the F-104 a little more after seeing this scene from the movie The right stuff.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 2:48 PM, mungo13 said:

As they are now in french shoes, I'd vote for Jaguar. Dedicated european classic Cold War Air-G round plane hardly hurts. Not everything has to be a fighter.

They are not now in French shoes, they are in Spanish shoes. If they continue developing modules for DCS (this is just a side job for them as far as I know, at least that´s what said one of the devs in a interview for a Spanish YT channel) they probably are going to create only airplanes that serve or served in the Spanish Air Force since at least one of de devs have familiar connections with several pilots of the Ejército del Aire so they can easily get documentation and testing. 

It´s difficult since we already have a Hornet in DCS, but I would like the EF-18M (like someone already said, a strange mix: an F/A-18A with elements of the Super Hornet and European weapons) or the EF-18A and EF-18B (80s avionics, pods and weapons and double cockpit). But I suppose the F-104 is the most safe bet, since other possible candidates like the Mirage III, the F-4 Phantom or the Eurofighter are going to be developed for DCS by other people, even if it will be a different variant.

• Like 1

if it is only spainish jet fighter air force wanted by aerges,  you have also the famous F-104 starfighter alias the "Widowmaker" , eurofighter  and F4 phantom are currently in work by heatblur

Edited by jpbordi
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, jpbordi said:

if it is only spainish jet fighter air force wanted by aerges,  you have also the famous F-104 starfighter alias the "Widowmaker" 

It wasn´t the "widowmaker" for the Ejercito del Aire. They had zero loses of planes and pilots because they used it as interceptor, like it was designed, and not as fighter-bomber. 

• Like 4