Standalone mission editor

Yes, that would be a very cool feature!

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

To some extent, you can use CombatFlite to do this, but it's not necessarily less resource intensive aside from the install size (which, of course, can be a pretty huge difference in and of itself). But splitting the ME off as a lightweight install option would definitely be sweet since it would always be 1:1 in step with current DCS functionality.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

9 hours ago, Tippis said:

To some extent, you can use CombatFlite to do this, but it's not necessarily less resource intensive aside from the install size (which, of course, can be a pretty huge difference in and of itself). But splitting the ME off as a lightweight install option would definitely be sweet since it would always be 1:1 in step with current DCS functionality.

nah, thats really not work as mission creation, its jus a nice mission planning tools, you need to have access to triggers an ... 

On 7/4/2022 at 3:18 AM, mattjonesgr9 said:

It would be nice to have a standalone mission editor that wouldn't need the full install etc so you can install it onto a low spec laptop and create / edit missions while working or away from home etc 🙂

I really love the idea, it is a looooong time i feel the need

Edited by Raviar