Indestructible buildings?

I believe not 100% of the buildings feature a DM if I recall correctly. That was said by Ugramedia itself when it was first released. It should be easy to check on ME, just using destruction zones so you see live what is destructible and what isn't.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 2 months later...
On 7/4/2022 at 4:00 AM, Hairdo1-1 said:

Just dropped 4 2000lbs JDAMS on the ministry of defense building in Damascus and it’s like it didn’t even get touched. Is this by design or a bug?

They did mention once that buildings such as political / religious / or landmarks will not be destructible due to reasons one could imagine.

• Like 1
i7-10700K-490-H Gaming-64GB Vengance LPX-RTX-3080 Ti-VPC Constellation ALPHA-R + WarBRD + MongoosT-50CM3-non-VR-single player-open beta

• 2 weeks later...

I've experienced the same problem. JDAMs don't seem to do any damage to buildings. Tested it only in Syria with the F16 with both GBU31s and GBU38s. Also tried it with GBU24s, GBU10s, and GBU12s. LGBs do cause the buildings to be destroyed.

Apparently the (most?) buildings are destructible, but they seem to have way too much HP.

There's that mansion at H3 airbase. I managed to destroy it after dropping 3 or 4 2000lb JDAMs. Then I tried Hellfires with Apache. 16 missiles, but ZERO visible damage. Some didn't hit the building though, maybe that's another bug. (I used AI units for this test, tgt point in center of building)

Bridge at Ar Raqqa was undamaged after 2x2000lb JDAMs.

I mean, seriously? On a $60 map for a combat flight simulator? Not impressed to say the least.

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24, UH-1H, F-14, F-18, CA, SC    -    Maps: Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, real world weather