Changing bomb laser code

Sylosis
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

Hi everyone,

I understand that the only way right now to change the bomb code is to use the kneeboard, right?

If so, is there any plan to implement the code change in the MFDs and not the kneeboard? Or is the F-16 such that the bomb code has to be programmed before take-off (in real life I mean), therefore in DCS there isn't any other mean to recreate that other than the kneeboard?

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

46 minutes ago, razo+r said:

In real life, the code can only set by ground crew, so setting it via Kneeboard is the most realistic option. The other option, to set it via MFDs is not realistic.

Thanks, that's what I was curious to know. 🤙

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

Just now, Ignition said:

The big problem is the aircraft needs have the engines off, so when you land and rearm you need to shut down the aircraft and that means a full realignment.

oh ok good to know thx. At the moment I don't think that is the cause of my problem. I'm flying some dynamic mission with a friend on his private server and the AI Predators also use the default 1688 code, so I don't actually need to change it. I just didn't know how to

Although I did try to drop GBU-12s on his targets and they completely didn't track his laser. Not sure why.

On 7/4/2022 at 6:26 PM, Sylosis said:

Although I did try to drop GBU-12s on his targets and they completely didn't track his laser. Not sure why.

Hi.

Was the JTAC lasing at the moment?. I mean, the DCS built in JTAC needs a nice choreography to work; Report to JTAC, get the 9 lines, set "IP INBOUND", LASER ON, LASING, SPOT, CLEAR HOT etc.. Other wise, the bomb will fall balistic.

If the JTAC is set by a script, or other means, then no idea what was going on.

Saludos.

Saca111