Do lights matter?

Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

• Solution

I've just done a small test, and the answer is yes. I was in a Huey, ~500 feet above ground. I flew over a BTR-80 in a dark nigh:

• No external lights, no cockpit light: the BTR turret started to spin as I was flying over it. It shot at me, but not for long.
  • External flashing lights on + cockpit light on: the BTR turret started to spin before the BTR firing range, which gave the unit plenty of time to shoot me.

UH1H_nolights.trk UH1H_extlights.trk

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 7/12/2022 at 12:59 AM, Flappie said:

I've just done a small test, and the answer is yes. I was in a Huey, ~500 feet above ground. I flew over a BTR-80 in a dark nigh:

• No external lights, no cockpit light: the BTR turret started to spin as I was flying over it. It shot at me, but not for long.
  • External flashing lights on + cockpit light on: the BTR turret started to spin before the BTR firing range, which gave the unit plenty of time to shoot me.

UH1H_nolights.trk 126.05 kB · 1 download UH1H_extlights.trk 86.8 kB · 1 download

Hi! I have no access to DCS currently, so could you check if releasing flares at night has any effect on AI spotting?

Edited by Mad_Shell

• 2 weeks later...

Great Input guys! Much obliged!!

I'd just like to confirm when you say "cockpit lights" in the Huey are you referring to the green or white dome lights? Or does it apply to both?

Do the instrument lights have any bearing btw? I would think possibly not though realistically speaking.

Thank ye kindly gents!

• Like 1