[NOT BUG] found 2 bugs

PLAAF

1: as your head approach the side of the glass, the glass become no long transparent. It become gray in color. No other aircraft have this problem. (see picture 1)

Sg75Kl7.pngnull

Also, as you push your head further to the side, you can clip your head through the glass and put your head outside of the glass. (see picture 2)

nullS72b1cp.jpg

2:  The number of the aircraft.

I tried to paint 81192 on the aircraft, but in the end I got 73928.

QdmLIc9.jpg?1

Edited by uboats

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

19 minutes ago, razo+r said:

1) Defog the canopy. 

That is not fog. Try to look from the same angle and you will always get it, even when you are parking at the ground with an environmental temperature of 50 degree Celsius.

And just for the sake of the argument, let's pretend that was fog for a moment, your head can still clip through the glass.

Edited by PLAAF

qLjvyQ3.png

• uboats changed the title to [NOT BUG] found 2 bugs
3 hours ago, uboats said:

other cockpit model also have this

it's not issue, but more of graphic render of 2 glass

null

I see. Thanks for letting me know. But your head can still go through the glass. Also, this render can still obstruct the view in a dog fight. 

Wait a sec, what did you mean by "TWO" glass?

qLjvyQ3.png

6 hours ago, uboats said:

other cockpit model also have this

it's not issue, but more of graphic render of 2 glass

null

Nope this is definitely a bug.

First of all and most importantly, please see the second picture of my original post, you can move your view outside the canopy. You can look back at your own glass.

Secondly, see picture below. Other aircrafts don't seem to have this issue. Maybe slightly.

RGJ0FkD.jpg

qLjvyQ3.png

this looks like an applied render effect whenever the view punches through an glas polygon. Its a bit cheaper to ignore the polygon normals.
So what I assume happens, is that the view through a glass body toggles the fog effect every time the view goes through said glass surface.
A effect worse when looking nearly parrallel through the glass compared to looking perpendicular at it.

So normally:
inside cockpit viewport -> glass surface (toggle effelt = on) -> glass surface (toggle effelt = off) -> other outside stuff.
But when your eye/engine camera is already inside the glass the effect just got toggled on and never off.

This will happen when you ignore polygon normals and when you have your engine asset configured to be two-sided.
(Like glitching inside a building and there is no texture applied to the wall. Because you already in it and can look outside in all directions -> one sided)

Something like that. So whatever it is, it indeed could be just a problem of this module.

Edited by Eld0r
  • Like 1

[ ]  twitch.tv/eld0r — Chaos, dumme Sprüche, Chaos und keine Wiederholungen.  [ ]

2 hours ago, Ironhand said:

I see the "fog" but not as extensively as in your screens:

Screen_220708_233026.jpg

Screen_220708_233033.jpg

But can your head go through the glass and see outside like I did in the second picture?

qLjvyQ3.png

It is NOT a bug, at least not a JF-17 bug, you get that on all aircraft, and you still get that even set glass texture to be 100% transparent.

Maybe easier to notice on the JF-17 simply because the canopy shape and we allow the viewpoint to be closer to the glass.

glass.jpg

1 hour ago, PLAAF said:

But can your head go through the glass and see outside like I did in the second picture?

My images show the extend that my head can move to the outside as well. SO no. I never felt that my head went through the canopy.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

1 hour ago, mseraser said:

It is NOT a bug, at least not a JF-17 bug, you get that on all aircraft, and you still get that even set glass texture to be 100% transparent.

Maybe easier to notice on the JF-17 simply because the canopy shape and we allow the viewpoint to be closer to the glass.

glass.jpg

I see, thanks for the info.

Can you also have a look to see if you can move your view outside the glass? (see my second picture)

qLjvyQ3.png

• 2 weeks later...