Query re sensor select switch functions

markturner1960

So I managed to dig around and found the following info

sss.jpgHowever, I am practicing and its not doing as above...for example, left short still cycles the map page on the left MFD.

So is the above correct and are there other parameters that need to be met ( for example AG mode selected, master arm on, for the above to work as listed.

Of course, if any of it is wrong, please correct me! 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

4 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

practicing and its not doing as above...for example, left short still cycles the map page on the left MFD.

TL;DR:

If SSS left short still cycles the map on the left MPCD, you were not in TPOD HOTAS mode.

Detail

• SSS depress* double tap toggles  SSS to/from TPOD HOTAS mode.
• When in TPOD HOTAS mode, the SSS controls most of the TPOD's sub-functions as an alternative to using the MPCD's buttons i.e. CCD/FLIR, Wide/Narrow FoV, Area/Point Track, etc.
• The TDC is used to slew the TPOD sensor and designate/lock targets.

Normal Sensor Select Switch functions

DCS_Harrier_SSS.jpg

TPOD HOTAS Sensor Select Switch functions

DCS_Harrier_TPOD_SSS.jpg

*Sensor Select Depress = Options>Controls>AV8BNA>HOTAS --> "Sensor Select DOWN: HUD Scene Reject/TGP" 

Edited by Ramsay
Add SSS Diagrams

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Those graphics are perfect, thanks Ramsey! Where are they from?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

8 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Where are they from?

IIRC Razbam's AV-8B discord channel, they were part of a discussion about the SSS and the TPOD HOTAS Mode, unfortunately I don't recall the author, so can't give them accreditation.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080