request data (lua) to extract EHSi & RWR

Red Dog

I understand this is not only for the F-16 but may benefit other modules as well (F-18, A-10, ...), but since this request originates from F-16 cockpit builder I posted it here, feel free to move it if it is not 100% the best place.

We would like to request data from the RWR and EHSI to be extracted with other means than  as external screen only. 
Extra screen extraction is easy but in some cases (think guys having real instruments or other replicas) it is not always the most efficient manner

To make a physical instrument work, we need hard data from specific parts of these instrument, it would be great if we could get these data for the RWR and HSI. Unless I am mistaken, even Helios reverts to screen use for these twos.

Thanks

• Like 6

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]

15 hours ago, okopanja said:

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_export

Information there depends on server allowing sensor export.

Details:

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_Export_Script

Hello, thank you for wanting to help us.
I cannot extract via the lua script the HSI and RWR data of the F-16. I get there on the F-18, A-10, etc. but not on the F-16.
I tried with: "LoGetControlPanel_HSI()" but nothing.
I looked if others like DCS-BIOS, Helios, etc. but they don't have anything either.
So I thought that the F-16 had a problem on the extraction on these 2 instruments, but you tell us that no. Great news, it would be nice to help us to extract these 2 instruments in lua scripts. that would be cool. Because there we dry.

• 3 months later...

It would be nice if we could export DDI's/HUD for use in Tacview or something like that (without requiring every client to need to record their screen/exported views), having a virtual "tape" would be immensely helpful for debriefs.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

On 7/6/2022 at 7:37 AM, Red Dog said:

I understand this is not only for the F-16 but may benefit other modules as well (F-18, A-10, ...), but since this request originates from F-16 cockpit builder I posted it here, feel free to move it if it is not 100% the best place.

We would like to request data from the RWR and EHSI to be extracted with other means than  as external screen only. 
Extra screen extraction is easy but in some cases (think guys having real instruments or other replicas) it is not always the most efficient manner

To make a physical instrument work, we need hard data from specific parts of these instrument, it would be great if we could get these data for the RWR and HSI. Unless I am mistaken, even Helios reverts to screen use for these twos.

Thanks

I'm guessing this is a request to update Martin's RWR and EHSI? Try using DCS-BIOS to see if that helps. Always good to have open source stuff and non proprietary. Very helpful to all of us on here. Good idea though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, any information if there is provision for lua extraction from eHSI and RWR? Anyone who has built an F-16 cockpit, with more or less real parts, is stuck enjoying DCS instead of BMS. Thanks in advance for your response.

especially since the eHSI is somewhat essential for radionavigation.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

With the redesign of the RWR, can we expect LUA extraction for it so we can use the RWR devices we already have?

On BMS we have these variables to allow us to use real RWR instruments or others (USB, LAN, Arduino, etc.). If it can help...

• Bearing, float[], Bearing of the symbols
  • CurrentSymbolCount, int, Number of symbols in the array
  • Info, char[], New RWR Info
  • Lethality, float[], Lethality of the symbols
  • MaxSymbolCount, spec, Max. number of symbols in the simulator for F-16.
  • MissileActivity, long[], Missile activity of the symbols
  • MissileLaunch, long[], Missile launch of the symbols
  • NewDetection, long[], New detection flag of the symbols
  • Selected, long[], Selected flag of the symbols
  • Symbols, int[], Type of the symbols. Name of symbol.

For the eHSI we would need these variables to be able to use the real instruments or others:

• BearingToBeacon, float, Bearing to the beacon
  • CourseDeviation, float, Actual course deviation
  • CurrentHeading, float, Actual heading
  • DesiredCourse, float, Desired course
  • DesiredHeading, float, Desired heading
  • DistanceToBeacon, float, Distance to the beacon
  • HSIBits, int, HSI Flags
  • NavMode, byte, Current mode selected for HSI/eHSI

The LUA extraction of these variables would be a real plus for the compatibility of F-16 cockpits already existing before this module.
Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello and happy new year.
Is it possible to expect script export of eHSI components like ADI in 2024?
So that those who have a real HSI can interface it with DCS like other F-16 simulator?
And the icing on the cake, the same for the RWR?
Thanks in advance.

• Like 2