Sticky for dynamic campaign?

b0bl00i

I was looking around and couldn't really find what I was looking for.

Is it possible to create a new sub category with wishlist subcategory, roadmap and other interesting details?

Would be great if we could learn some things about this new, much wanted addition.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, b0bl00i said:

Is it possible to create a new sub category with wishlist subcategory, roadmap and other interesting details?

Would be great if we could learn some things about this new, much wanted addition.

That will probably be created once ED is actually at a point of sharing any news on the DC. At the moment though, we pretty much know nothing, so there isn't really much to discuss about. It would only result in speculation threads and random wishes from random DCS users (for which we already have this sub-forum) 🙂 

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team
47 minutes ago, b0bl00i said:

Hi, 

once we are ready we will share more news. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

An update on the Dynamic Campaign that was mentioned 2 years ago would be great. Kind of annoying that we get all these modules but no mention of the Dynamic Campaign. I would happily pay for it as a module if it would get prioritised.

• Like 3

CPU: i9-12900K @ 4.9Ghz

M/B: MSI MEG z690 Ace

RAM: 128GB

Video Card: MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X

VR: Varjo Aero

This pretty much sums up what to expect from the dynamic campaign. I've stopped looking for news reg. that and I can't get over myself starting DCS any longer. This, incl. Enemy Lock On and Flanker 1.x/2.x were the only sims I had the most unfun moments compared to any other sim I owned because it always felt absolutely dead, boring. The mission editors were an insult, very lazy.

I expect DCS to create something like this:
A bare bones UI like dead skeleton. None of all the fun stuff happening outside of the cockpit in Falcon 4.0 (which had lots of fun stuff from Falcon 3.0 too with Pilots incl. different skills and the need for rest). 

It's hopeless. More maps, more mixing up eras via modules, everything feels so dislogded and mixed up. It's nice to have DCS F-14 and soon DCS Tornado... but Fleet Defender and Digital Integrations Tornado is still superior in terms of the overall content for "cold war gone hot". You fly against the right foes at the right time with the right equipment....

I must just let go of this. Better if I could sell my account but that is not allowed............

• Like 1

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

4 hours ago, TheCabal said:

This pretty much sums up what to expect from the dynamic campaign. I've stopped looking for news reg. that and I can't get over myself starting DCS any longer. This, incl. Enemy Lock On and Flanker 1.x/2.x were the only sims I had the most unfun moments compared to any other sim I owned because it always felt absolutely dead, boring. The mission editors were an insult, very lazy.

I expect DCS to create something like this:
A bare bones UI like dead skeleton. None of all the fun stuff happening outside of the cockpit in Falcon 4.0 (which had lots of fun stuff from Falcon 3.0 too with Pilots incl. different skills and the need for rest). 

It's hopeless. More maps, more mixing up eras via modules, everything feels so dislogded and mixed up. It's nice to have DCS F-14 and soon DCS Tornado... but Fleet Defender and Digital Integrations Tornado is still superior in terms of the overall content for "cold war gone hot". You fly against the right foes at the right time with the right equipment....

I must just let go of this. Better if I could sell my account but that is not allowed............

If it's all so hopeless and you are done with DCS, why are you still posting here?

We're all eager to hear or see any news about the DC, but ranting about it won't help..

Oh and are you really calling all those kind people that spend so much time to create missions for the community: "lazy"?!

I'll just assume that I misunderstood what you meant..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

2 minutes ago, sirrah said:

If it's all so hopeless and you are done with DCS, why are you still posting here?

Really good question 🤔 its so pointless to read posts from people that don’t really fly this Sim.

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 10/3/2022 at 8:08 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Really good question 🤔 its so pointless to read posts from people that don’t really fly this Sim.

I don't really fly this sim? Who told you that? I'm in since the early days and into flight sims since the late 80s.

You are just pissed about someone saying that your beloved DCS is amongst the most boring combat flight sims in the history of sims while having so much potential and so much time not even considering the old fun aspects of flight sims.

Consider these rants a passionate art of caring reg. flight sims, especially DCS, the only one, the worthy, holding the scepter right now which still can't surpass DOS sims.

***** set the standard of modern flight sims with the most important feature made by mostly one guy incl. older technology: a dynamic campaign and we are talking community missions as if everything evolved backwards towards trial & error missions to repeat (even worse: cold starting the aircraft on the ramp every time you need to repeat a mission... which was annoying in the Flanker campaign of FC3, wasting so much time approaching the enemy again and again to get it right)? Can't this get any more dislodged than it already is?

Most of us had some sort of experience back in the days with other sims. These times were the golden age for flight sims to show how technology has evolved before it became a niche. Have you forgotten all that?

DCS is full of potential, it's the only thing out there for flight simmers thus people put lots of hopes into it. I'm one of them hoping for decades for a dynamic campaign which connects everything together and provides more fun. I can't believe that the last news are so old.

Didn't you have any experience with sims from the past? Don't you remember the fun you had with these because many are just dumping this aspect as if all this was not necessary anymore? Matt Wagners top sim of the past is ***** (******). If you'd fire it up, you would know why. Take ***** and *** features into consideration and compare these ancient titles to DCS in terms of fun. 

I apologize if I unintentionally hit any foot too hard, I'm just disappointed, don't feel offended, don't mock/troll me and especially don't make this forum a North Korea because there are such opinions as mine. People get mad if something doesn't get fixed asap and others get mad after waiting for a feature for decades. This is my opinion reg. a feature I consider very important to make sims "alive".

Short: I really hope that the devs add some fun gameplay content into it. DCS needs a dynamic progressing and changing environment for these modules. 

Edited by TheCabal
  • Like 4

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

• 4 weeks later...

@TheCabal: I think I unterstand your frustration.
I also still remember the days when gameplay had always been the central part of a flight sim where all other parts had been designed around. I had lots of fun playing (yes, I said playing) e.g. Falcon 3.0, Enemy Engaged or Digital Integrations sims. All had strong focus on campaign, flight and loadout planning etc. The pinnacle of this development led to Falcon 4.0 with its excellent dynamic campaign, but its publisher Microprose unfortunately stumbled upon the huge effort that was required😪

While DCS is a wonderful simulation environment, in recent years I often also had the impression that too much focus lies on numerous (albeit wonderfully simulated) planes and other (albeit often breathtaking) details etc. while the gamplay features are being unattended. The same impression I had with FSX about 20 years ago which ended up as a huge and technically great system but lacking of substance and long-time motivation.

But there is hope (if not salvation already 😉 ) available: Are you aware of

• the excellent campaigns available like Raven: Dominant Fury or Reflected's campaigns (just to name a few, I know there is a lot more excellent content...) or
  • have you tried the free dynamic campaign generator "DCS: Liberation"?

Generally there is lots of campaign background (sometimes historically accurate) information provided and/or books like Raven One. That's a lot of gameplay elements available...

And the fact that a dynamic campaign generator will be available within DCS is a great idea!
E.g. seeing a bridge fully intact in the next mission that has previously been destroyed has always broken immersion for me. 

On 10/5/2022 at 3:55 AM, TheCabal said:

I don't really fly this sim? Who told you that?

You said it yourself: "I can't get over myself starting DCS any longer"

Sorry for the late responde, I only saw today that this thread had updated.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Joined flight sims in the late 90s, DCS also since the early days.

Wondering why I got over this frustration earlier... It is what it is.
Yes, potential is great, I also really wonder about EDs priorities sometimes, but DCS is also not that big of a cash cow as some GTA or Assassins Creed stuff, or whatever.

I stopped waiting for the dynamic campaign immediately after it was announced. I wonder when people are learning and accepting that everything in this sim takes ages.

Enjoying the game in the meanwhile as it is, happy when something arrives, not pissed when something doesn't arrive 'in time' (community definition of it).

• Like 1

Alias in Discord: Mailman

34 minutes ago, Bananabrai said:

Joined flight sims in the late 90s, DCS also since the early days.

Enjoying the game in the meanwhile as it is, happy when something arrives, not pissed when something doesn't arrive 'in time' (community definition of it).

+1

on my case my first proper sim was Falcon AT, on the late eighties 🙂

I too enjoy DCS as it is, no point in focusing on whats coming up, I prefer to fully enjoy the present 😇

• Like 2

I also keep ditching (and coming back to) DCS because of the lack of dynamic campaign. On the other hand, DCS Liberation seems to be progressing quite well, so at least there is something similar to use while we wait.

Intel i7-13700k | Zotac Trinity RTX 4090 | Asrock B660 Steel Legend | 32Gb RAM 3600 | 2TB NVMe + 2TB SSD + 8TB HDD | Corsair TX850M | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | LG 4K OLED 48CX8LC

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL