How to turn tapes on?

Go to solution Solved by Devastator,

Missions 3 and 4 (and possibly others) require you to record specific displays (HUD, FLIR). However, I cannot find any information about how to do this after much Googling, reading the FA-18 DCS manual, and reading the Raven One docs.

So how do we go TAPES ON?

Don't get me wrong, I love the realism of this! I just think that since most players have never done it before and it's not intuitive, it probably deserves a callout in the developer notes.

To pass the mission: We need just to place the video recorder switch as per mission briefing instruction.

About the system (that I do not think is simulated in our DCS F18) trying to make it  short should be 2 recorders with 2h of memory that are activated:

- manually (MAN and record continuously the selection made by the switches) or

- automatic (AUTO, when on A/A and A/G Master modes start recording continuosly. Pressing first trigger detent or weapon release button record the HUD regardless of its switch position, if in A/G master mode and there is FLIR on either DDI the record of the HUD is not automatic.

1 hour ago, danep said:

Missions 3 and 4 (and possibly others) require you to record specific displays (HUD, FLIR). However, I cannot find any information about how to do this after much Googling, reading the FA-18 DCS manual, and reading the Raven One docs.

So how do we go TAPES ON?

Don't get me wrong, I love the realism of this! I just think that since most players have never done it before and it's not intuitive, it probably deserves a callout in the developer notes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 6:14 PM, Devastator said:

you can check Chuck's guide for F18 (below is screenshot from it). Necessary switches are at video record section 

null

Thanks! Stupid question, on the middle switch what is LDIR? Chucks guide does not mention it.

3 hours ago, tsgucci said:

Thanks! Stupid question, on the middle switch what is LDIR? Chucks guide does not mention it.

Left DDI Direct Video

• 2 weeks later...